5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leather dash delamination 2019 Laramie longhorn

Minnie Pearl

Reaction score
Anybody had the leather das start to delaminate and peel up on the dash board? My dash just started trick. Drove to dealer last Friday 10/22/21 and showed the service writer. He took pictures, took vin # took mileage (11,250 +/-), and basically told me expect 6 months before a new dash gets in. Truck sat on the dealer lot for a year, I bought it August 2020, been undercover in a big shed ever since.

stronbl

Reaction score
I had my dash replaced a couple weeks ago under warranty. 2020 1500 Limited - dash warped on the upper right side of the inset piece just above the instrument cluster. It was noticeable but not terrible. Dealer immediately ordered a new dash which took a couple week to arrive. Originally told me it was a 2 day job but they finished in 1 day. All looks good. But I am wondering if this will warp again in another year or so. All in all, pretty painless for me. Maybe they are getting the leather dashes in quicker nowadays.

2020Ramonauh

Reaction score
I just noticed my dashboard with the same issue. 2020 Longhorn with 11K miles. Garage kept. We’ll see what happens when I take it in.

Bojohnson

Reaction score
I had my dash replaced a couple weeks ago under warranty. 2020 1500 Limited - dash warped on the upper right side of the inset piece just above the instrument cluster. It was noticeable but not terrible. Dealer immediately ordered a new dash which took a couple week to arrive. Originally told me it was a 2 day job but they finished in 1 day. All looks good. But I am wondering if this will warp again in another year or so. All in all, pretty painless for me. Maybe they are getting the leather dashes in quicker nowadays.
I have a 2020 Limited and it is doing the same thing.

Minnie Pearl

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Longhorn with 67k miles. I noticed the delamination last week. Any suggestions how to fix it?
Run by a custom automotive upholster or body shop, they may have some idea - for me, it was under warranty - 3 or 4 month wait for part, then an overnight stay t the dealer. They had to pull the whole dash they said. One thought I had was a hypodermic with rubber cement, make a few jabs then lay in some bags of shotgun shot, or other weight to spread and smooth the glue.

Users who are viewing this thread