5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaky Cab (33k) miles

leakyram98

Reaction score
In the last few weeks, dealer replaced the rear window which was supposedly going to fix my water intrusion issue. Fast forward to yesterday: We had significant rainfall and the rear headliner area was soaked and dripping water into my cab, which also damaged personal belongings inside. Called dealership and they've scheduled me for an appointment literally next Thursday "to review and see what's wrong". Not to mention, I also have to drop the vehicle off with no loaner provided.

This seems to be an extremely common issue, and I understand there is currently a class action lawsuit on the matter.

Questions:
1) Has anyone had successful legal recourse at this point in remedy of this issue. My vehicle has 5 months left on the standard full warranty, but with this poor service, damaged personal goods, and lack of a loaner vehicle when they are keeping your truck days at a time, I'm seriously considering filing a lawsuit of my own. I didn't imagine when purchasing this truck that I'd ever want to switch to a different make, but I'm pretty disgusted at this point. If I could get anywhere close to what I paid I'd switch to Ford and not look back.

2) I see many postings of home fixes for these leaks which are pretty simple, however, I would imagine this would void the current warranty (as mine is still under warranty coverage).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the last few weeks, dealer replaced the rear window which was supposedly going to fix my water intrusion issue. Fast forward to yesterday: We had significant rainfall and the rear headliner area was soaked and dripping water into my cab, which also damaged personal belongings inside. Called dealership and they've scheduled me for an appointment literally next Thursday "to review and see what's wrong". Not to mention, I also have to drop the vehicle off with no loaner provided.

This seems to be an extremely common issue, and I understand there is currently a class action lawsuit on the matter.

Questions:
1) Has anyone had successful legal recourse at this point in remedy of this issue. My vehicle has 5 months left on the standard full warranty, but with this poor service, damaged personal goods, and lack of a loaner vehicle when they are keeping your truck days at a time, I'm seriously considering filing a lawsuit of my own. I didn't imagine when purchasing this truck that I'd ever want to switch to a different make, but I'm pretty disgusted at this point. If I could get anywhere close to what I paid I'd switch to Ford and not look back.

2) I see many postings of home fixes for these leaks which are pretty simple, however, I would imagine this would void the current warranty (as mine is still under warranty coverage).
As for loaner vehicles that's a dealership issue. You can get a rental and submit the paperwork to Ram warranty for reimbursement if you need a vehicle. And if at dealer for extended time, you can even request them to cover your vehicle payments for the time it was in shop.

leakyram98

Reaction score
As for loaner vehicles that's a dealership issue. You can get a rental and submit the paperwork to Ram warranty for reimbursement if you need a vehicle. And if at dealer for extended time, you can even request them to cover your vehicle payments for the time it was in shop.
Thanks for the information - I wasn't aware they would reimburse for a rental.

Users who are viewing this thread