5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf in AC Blower Fan??

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Longhorn. The AC fan blower has started making a noticeable humming noise that is worse on higher fan settings. I’m guessing a leaf or some other tree debris got in there since the truck was covered in tree droppings this week. How do I access the blower? Or, could I try and vacuum from the cabin filter area? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you look at the cabin air filter area to start with?
A leaf shouldn't be able to get thorough the filter.
It's behind your bottom glovebox, there is a release with a cable on it that comes out, then you just pull the glovebox out.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Did you look at the cabin air filter area to start with?
A leaf shouldn't be able to get thorough the filter.
It's behind your bottom glovebox, there is a release with a cable on it that comes out, then you just pull the glovebox out.
Yes. But the filter is downstream from the blower fan. Thats why I suspect there is something stuck in the blower fan blades.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You sure about that? The filter should be above the blower, hence before it

Lrpilot

Reaction score
You sure about that? The filter should be above the blower, hence before it
Correct. The filter is above the blower. But the blower blows the air up, thru the filter and then to the vents.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If the blower blew into the filter that would mean all the junk would go through the blower before the filter making the filter pointless.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Nope, it pulls through. That's why all the debris is on top of the filter away from the fan
Well damn! You’re right. Just took another look and it flows from the top of the filter down towards the fan and then to the vents. Now I’m wondering if the debris caught in the filter pleats could be vibrating and making the humming noise? I found some round seed stuck in there. Could that cause a humming noise as the fan speed increases?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well damn! You’re right. Just took another look and it flows from the top of the filter down towards the fan and then to the vents. Now I’m wondering if the debris caught in the filter pleats could be vibrating and making the humming noise? I found some round seed stuck in there. Could that cause a humming noise as the fan speed increases?
Just take the filter out and turn it on, you can run the system with your glovebox open

raygun9

Reaction score
Its probably a mouse, dead obviously, just pop the blower fan off and dump it out. Its held in by 3 screws and there is an electrical push connector. Pretty straightforward, I looked for some youtube links to share but only see them for gen4s and older but its the same concept.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread