5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lasfit LED packages for RAM 1500

Shives

Reaction score
I am making a post, with Lasfit’s go ahead..
This post is to talk about the Lasfit lights, what bulbs you have, What you need, aiming, and installing! As well issues with LED lighting of all aspects.
I will provide a link to buy the full package of Lasfit LED bulbs for your truck! With special instructions to get a discount. This will be the full package! You are able to buy sets of bulbs off the package as well.
Little FYI. On Lasfit web site, the package with discount is in the 300.00’s. Well, I can get you all bulbs (accept rear turn signals, they depend on what you have) for about 276 shipped. That’s all you see below.
Wanted to post this up, before work! I’ll add more information later!
Thanks.

Attachments

• 549EE081-7F0F-4BFF-9C35-64D365656A80.png
    549EE081-7F0F-4BFF-9C35-64D365656A80.png
    322 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there issues with bulb out messages and hyper flashing with these? I am very interested but I don’t want to deal with any of that crap

Shives

Reaction score
Are there issues with bulb out messages and hyper flashing with these? I am very interested but I don’t want to deal with any of that crap
Very good question.
Few things, first off... NO... I went ahead and changed all my bulbs, including rear signals! Without using AlfaOBD and all worked as it should. Now, I do have AlfaOBD and went through and programmed my truck to accept and know it had LED lighting. This takes a few minutes. What I also see in most people’s programming is the DTC warning for the lights is turned off. You can set this to be active, and it will give you the bulb out warnings. When switched to LED programming and lights, it will work as it should.
Quick and easy, these are plug and play! If anyone wants a video of what to do, how to aim or more... Please DM me.

B.Ras

Reaction score

I have installed several of these bulbs in different locations on 19 Lonestar with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, good to know. I’ve had a set of the alpha Rex pro lights sitting in my garage for about 6 weeks. Thinking about returning them and going with this lasfit package instead

Shives

Reaction score
I’ve heard of issues with alpha... Tho I have not checked them myself. I can tell you shipping is quick with Lasfit, as well they are made in the USA. Some folks don’t care about that, personally I think it’s great!

The company works with the customers in order to improve products, and take care or concerns. I get NOTHING out of this, other then the satisfaction of helping people get some great lights, I’ve already purchased myself.

So far, biggest problem that’s been noticed with the LED’s is the missing key fob warning. With easy work arounds! Only a few have this issue. I am going through and trying to come up with a way to fix this.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought my truck with LED group but added LASFIT to the CHSML and all interior lights with no issue (footwell, lower glove box, map, and dome lights).

WheresWagner

Reaction score
I'll be honest, i ordered the entire front light set from Lasfit, and it's not looking good for them at this point. Went to install them and everything was going well. That is until i realized they sent me switchback low beams (they had the drivers attachments) so that made my low beams go from white to yellow (who wants yellow low beams?) and non switch back fogs (not really a big deal with that one honestly)

So i called, explained the situation and they sent replacements for the low beams out. Went to install them this morning, and the replacements are just another set of fogs, since they don't have the drivers on them that every install i've seen are on the low beams.

strike 2 for me so far.....

Shives

Reaction score
Low beams are fog lights bud! H11 is used in BOTH spots! And please send me what you purchased.. the link. Lot of people are purchasing The packages incorrectly. Or using a link that someone sent. So, Just FYI! Take your Fog light H11, and move them to your headlamps Low beam! Then put switch back fogs, in your fog lamp location. Sounds like you did not realize both the headlight and fog lamps use the same bulb! Easy mistake! An saying you purchased the front light package, did you get all 3 bulbs? Or just High and Low beam? Entire front light set would give you everything, and enough to have this happen. Sorry your having issues... But I think I see why

folks, please feel free to message me first, ask question, and more! I’m here to help!

WheresWagner

Reaction score
Low beams are fog lights bud! H11 is used in BOTH spots! And please send me what you purchased.. the link. Lot of people are purchasing The packages incorrectly. Or using a link that someone sent. So, Just FYI! Take your Fog light H11, and move them to your headlamps Low beam! Then put switch back fogs, in your fog lamp location. Sounds like you did not realize both the headlight and fog lamps use the same bulb! Easy mistake! An saying you purchased the front light package, did you get all 3 bulbs? Or just High and Low beam? Entire front light set would give you everything, and enough to have this happen. Sorry your having issues... But I think I see why

folks, please feel free to message me first, ask question, and more! I’m here to help!

i ordered straight from the Lasfit website. Why is it that even in install video on the website the low beams used a driver but the new ones don’t have that? Is the driver not required? If so why include them?

Shives

Reaction score
Ok so... After talking to our fellow member.. Looks as tho we found the problem. So, let’s address a few things. 1. The videos made by Lasfit LED are using a different bulbs then what we are ordering. Please just follow the instructions about how to replace. If you go by what bulb they use Vs what you have, you May have some confusion. No big deal! I totally get how it could happen.
Second off... Please for the love of god do not follow the video about how to remove the overhead map lights. I’ve also emailed them telling them about this, and how poor it is.

Very quickly, without cool photos..over head map lights.

Step 1. Turn off the lights operated by door switch, to off. Let the bulbs cool down.

step 2. Open the sunglasses holder.

step 3. Look in that area for two 8mm socket head screws. Remove counter clockwise. once remove, put in your cup holder.

step 4. Go back to this area where you pulled the previous hardware out, and locate two plastic looking tabs... And with your finger push them back..and you’ll feel them release. Now, the back is out!

step 5. I would prefer to see people use a plastic crowbar and move to the front of the bezel.. this is not for the faint of hearts.. you’ll push your headliner, stick the plastic crowbar in, and pry the whole assembly down! You can use your fingers to help. Don’t worry, the headliner will go back to shape! It’s only held on with metal pop-clips like from a door speaker grill.

step 6 once you pull the assembly straight down, and off.. pull the slack down and remove the two power cables (at least I had two, maybe more) be sure to remove the red clips if you see them on the harness connector. Those are red locks! They won’t let it move when in position. So, finger nail them back. And disconnect the harnesses.

step 7. This part also sucks. Look around the trim... Some say and prefer to pop the lens from the out side at this point, and mar up the plastic. I don’t like Mark’s on my plastic. So, I go the hard and right way. Yes... All those tabs!! Move them, pull the trim away and all the trim tabs, two will be hidden on each side, in those little pockets.. and you’ll also have one on each side that looks like it clips around a bar.. (it does) you’ll have to pull these out as well.

step 8 once you fight with the trim.. and get it off.. with NO broken tabs. You win! Lol. Break a tab or two won’t hurt that bad.. but can cause looseness. Move that aside, and look at the bulb area.. in the front you’ll see two more plastic tabs. They hold the light pod in place sort of. Push them back to release (trust me, you’ll see them) and start to wiggle out the bulb wire holder.
Success. Make sure when you push the bulbs in to place they seat right. Look at the back side and push the metal tab firmly to place. Again, you’ll understand looking at and pushing in the bulb.
Now, you can test before fit, or go ahead assemble and take a chance! Up to you! On assembly make sure you put all those annoying plastic tabs to the right place. Some will want to jump back and get in the way. I don’t know why.
Locks for the harness so they don’t pull out. Not a huge deal if you don’t re-lock.
Make sure you pull the metal clips from the roof of the truck, and put it back on the plastic stand off’s on the main unit. This way both will snap back into place as they should. If you don’t, you May not get the front to latch up right.

push the unit back to place, don’t forget the 8mm socket head screws.. sit back.. and watch how bright these are.

I’m actually looking in to adjusting these with AlfaOBD

I’ll try and get photos up of all this.

WheresWagner

Reaction score
Just wanna update, there was just some confusion on my end based on the install video i had watched. I assumed the low beams NEEDED the driver, which they do not. Got everything installed this evening and worked perfectly! Thanks Shives for the assistance

Apettit13

Reaction score
Ok so... After talking to our fellow member.. Looks as tho we found the problem. So, let’s address a few things. 1. The videos made by Lasfit LED are using a different bulbs then what we are ordering. Please just follow the instructions about how to replace. If you go by what bulb they use Vs what you have, you May have some confusion. No big deal! I totally get how it could happen.
Second off... Please for the love of god do not follow the video about how to remove the overhead map lights. I’ve also emailed them telling them about this, and how poor it is.

Very quickly, without cool photos..over head map lights.

Step 1. Turn off the lights operated by door switch, to off. Let the bulbs cool down.

step 2. Open the sunglasses holder.

step 3. Look in that area for two 8mm socket head screws. Remove counter clockwise. once remove, put in your cup holder.

step 4. Go back to this area where you pulled the previous hardware out, and locate two plastic looking tabs... And with your finger push them back..and you’ll feel them release. Now, the back is out!

step 5. I would prefer to see people use a plastic crowbar and move to the front of the bezel.. this is not for the faint of hearts.. you’ll push your headliner, stick the plastic crowbar in, and pry the whole assembly down! You can use your fingers to help. Don’t worry, the headliner will go back to shape! It’s only held on with metal pop-clips like from a door speaker grill.

step 6 once you pull the assembly straight down, and off.. pull the slack down and remove the two power cables (at least I had two, maybe more) be sure to remove the red clips if you see them on the harness connector. Those are red locks! They won’t let it move when in position. So, finger nail them back. And disconnect the harnesses.

step 7. This part also sucks. Look around the trim... Some say and prefer to pop the lens from the out side at this point, and mar up the plastic. I don’t like Mark’s on my plastic. So, I go the hard and right way. Yes... All those tabs!! Move them, pull the trim away and all the trim tabs, two will be hidden on each side, in those little pockets.. and you’ll also have one on each side that looks like it clips around a bar.. (it does) you’ll have to pull these out as well.

step 8 once you fight with the trim.. and get it off.. with NO broken tabs. You win! Lol. Break a tab or two won’t hurt that bad.. but can cause looseness. Move that aside, and look at the bulb area.. in the front you’ll see two more plastic tabs. They hold the light pod in place sort of. Push them back to release (trust me, you’ll see them) and start to wiggle out the bulb wire holder.
Success. Make sure when you push the bulbs in to place they seat right. Look at the back side and push the metal tab firmly to place. Again, you’ll understand looking at and pushing in the bulb.
Now, you can test before fit, or go ahead assemble and take a chance! Up to you! On assembly make sure you put all those annoying plastic tabs to the right place. Some will want to jump back and get in the way. I don’t know why.
Locks for the harness so they don’t pull out. Not a huge deal if you don’t re-lock.
Make sure you pull the metal clips from the roof of the truck, and put it back on the plastic stand off’s on the main unit. This way both will snap back into place as they should. If you don’t, you May not get the front to latch up right.

push the unit back to place, don’t forget the 8mm socket head screws.. sit back.. and watch how bright these are.

I’m actually looking in to adjusting these with AlfaOBD

I’ll try and get photos up of all this.
Hello,

After doing this I had a bit of a mishap. Everything is great except for the springs on the sunglasses holder popped off during removal, and I cannot for the love of god figure out how they go back in.

many experience getting these back in and working proper?

RamRMK

Reaction score
So after reading numerous threads on LEDs and these bulbs it appears the fogs and the cargo lights have error issues? Are there issues with any of the headlamps, interior lights and rear bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwo978

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just swapped all non headlight halogen bulbs out for Lasfit bulbs. Everything worked as it should, except the front turn signals. Truck is a ‘22 BH with standard halogen housings.

I bought the correctly designated bulbs. Only one of the 2 functions work depending on which way the bulb is oriented in the socket. One way, the turn signals work, but no parking lights. When I flip the bulb around in the socket, the parking lights work, but no turn signals.

Anyone else have this problem and discover a solution?

Black19

Reaction score
I had installed Underground lighting lows and fogs. Worked great for a few weeks and then the fogs started acting up…dim and flickering. I changed the fogs out to Fahren LED’s and now drivers side is out. Just purchased Lasfit fogs, tracking shows arrival on Tuesday.
Question, do I need to change the settings in with Alfa to make my LEDs work correctly? If yes can someone help with what I need to purchase and then how to change the setting to LED.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
I had installed Underground lighting lows and fogs. Worked great for a few weeks and then the fogs started acting up…dim and flickering. I changed the fogs out to Fahren LED’s and now drivers side is out. Just purchased Lasfit fogs, tracking shows arrival on Tuesday.
Question, do I need to change the settings in with Alfa to make my LEDs work correctly? If yes can someone help with what I need to purchase and then how to change the setting to LED.
No changes are needed. They are plug and play. I have posted in other threads, Lasfit bulbs have been flawless for me and they have been outstanding service when I have had product questions.

Users who are viewing this thread