5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Sport seats vs Limited

fish mojo

Reaction score
I really like the Sport package on the Laramie. Outfitting a Laramie can run almost as much as a Limited. What are the differences in the Sport seats vs Limited, in terms of leather quality, comfort, and feel?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
The seats on the Laramie sport are the same in the regular Laramie, but the quality of the leather in the limited is 10x better than the Laramie, honestly I’ve never felt leather that nice in any other vehicle

DeanKing

Reaction score
I agree with jordan2929. I test drove a Laramie and a Limited. Wanted laramie sport for appearance but limited seats were much nicer. The leather was so much nicer the seats were actually softer. Made me wonder if they used different quality foam. fca calls seats mostly suede “leather”. Same thing in my Challenger.

John

Reaction score
Are the Longhorn seats the same as Limited or regular Laramie?

John

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m really impressed with the quality of my Laramie seats. As noted in another post, I needed bench seats, but wanted the lux and safety options, thus a Laramie. The chrome tanning process FCA uses does not vary among models and they don’t user thicker cow hides for Longhorns over Laramie's. Some models have leather “ seating areas” which means the leather is only on areas that normally touch your body. My suggestion is look and sit in as many on the floor as you can, then make your decision on which truck is best for you.

I personally love the Longhorn optional seating. It looks amazing.

Ram Guru
Reaction score

John
They are a different pattern. In fact, Longhorn models have optional designs as well, so be sure to know which one you are looking at.

John

Reaction score
I really like the Limited model, but wish they had more seat color and pattern options like the Longhorn does! Love the dark and light brown pattern with filigree! GORGEOUS!

John

Old Ray

Reaction score
I must be missing something here, I have a Limited with the black seats and not only are they boring and nondescript, the leather feels hard and not luxurious at all. ( But I'm old and the eye sight is deteriorating. ) Disappointed, mostly with myself, I really like nice interiors but the fresh paint smell won.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Longhorn seats, in my opinion, are at LEAST as high-quality as the Limited. My personal impression is that they are a finer leather, but I mean no disrespect to my Limited brethren in saying that. They are marketed as equals. Both are notches above the Laramie.

Frankly, there's nothing about the Longhorn that makes the name "Laramie Longhorn" make sense. It should just be Longhorn. If you want luxury with a Western flair, go with that one. If you want luxury with a black-tie feel, go with the Limited. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread