5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie Billet Silver w Ramboxes

mmhoium

Reaction score
Had to stop back to share my new truck and a few observations.

First, this is the nicest truck I've ever owned/ridden in hands down. I have no regrets whatsoever. If you are on the fence for purchasing, pull the trigger, you will not regret it.

750 miles on it in 2 weeks. Have driven through 2 snow/ice events and the 4wd Auto is fantastic. The headlights have ample beam throw with a nice cutoff on top to not annoy oncoming drivers. On the first usage of 4wd Auto, when I came back to the truck I had no power to the 2wd/4wd button cluster. Couldnt get out of 4wd Auto. Turned truck off, then back on and I was back in business.

My only complaint comes from day 1. Why does my truck have door ajar warnings, tailgate open warnings, but no rambox open warning? Dealership washed the truck before I arrived then left it outside in 18 degree weather. Ramboxes had some ice on them and was difficult to get them to latch. At some point on my travels home (in the dark) my rambox came open while I was driving. Scratched up the plastic on the lid pretty good. Seems there should be a sensor to alert me.

Weathertech mud flaps installed now. Also some Iron Cross HD steps. Both are a breeze to install and look nice in my opinion. Mopar floor mats and Truxedo Lo pro tonneau cover on order.

I'm getting 16.5 mpg right now on 60% Hwy. I'm fine with that. VERY happy I select 3.92 gears, this truck will get up and go.

HVAC system works great. Steering wheel heat is like hanging on to lava - its hot! I'm sure its intended for a gloved driver, which will probably work quite well.

I do have the glitch that changes the driver cluster screen theme back to default on autostart - I hope for a software update to fix that. I can tolerate it for now.

Attachments

• 1205181128a_HDR~2.jpg
    1205181128a_HDR~2.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 1205181128_HDR~2.jpg
    1205181128_HDR~2.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 1208181115a_HDR.jpg
    1208181115a_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 199

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Gorgeous truck! I also ordered my Laramie (delivery date TBD) with the base level 18" wheels. They actually look pretty good.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took off my oem Laramie 18” wheels and I’m going to have them powdercoated “ black “ chrome.

Bwall404

Reaction score
I have a granite metallic Laramie with 18” alloys. I saw the Rebel wheels on my color truck and looks nice. I’d be interested to see your wheels after powder coating so post some pics PorBoy! Trying to get ideas

mmhoium

Reaction score
Gorgeous truck! I also ordered my Laramie (delivery date TBD) with the base level 18" wheels. They actually look pretty good.

Thank you. Dealership just couldn't understand why I didn't want 20's. That was actually the only item they tried to get me to upgrade on. My opinion, 17"/18" wheel size is what a truck should wear. I don't like the 20"/22" look and since I was writing the check, I got my way.

Users who are viewing this thread