5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Laramie/ Big horn Front grille

cjfioren

Reaction score
If someone can figure out or produce blackout pieces that "snap" over the horizontal part or the whole chrome grille they would make a fortune. Just sayin'

Attachments

• 20180731_133342.jpg
    20180731_133342.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 94

Socks

Reaction score
Plastidip probably has made a fortune. I plastidip'd my camaro when I got it in 2010. The front, rear and wheels. 8-ish year later only the wheels need to be peeled replaced, most probably for heat. The front looks like I just applied it. For reference, I did 5-8 coats (hard to remember that long ago), it was around $4 per can, I bought 5 cans to do complete project ended with half a can left.
If it helps to understand conditions of the environment. I park my car at the beach 6-9 months a year, salt water. I'm in california for the dry heat. I travel to Utah a lot (snow, rain, etc). Its held up well. I doubt I'd do the wheels again but I'd do it to see how it looked, peel and then do a permanent solution.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trex was developing an overlay but not sure if they still plan on releasing one. I couldn't wait lol.

Filet

Reaction score
Plastidip probably has made a fortune. I plastidip'd my camaro when I got it in 2010. The front, rear and wheels. 8-ish year later only the wheels need to be peeled replaced, most probably for heat. The front looks like I just applied it. For reference, I did 5-8 coats (hard to remember that long ago), it was around $4 per can, I bought 5 cans to do complete project ended with half a can left.
If it helps to understand conditions of the environment. I park my car at the beach 6-9 months a year, salt water. I'm in california for the dry heat. I travel to Utah a lot (snow, rain, etc). Its held up well. I doubt I'd do the wheels again but I'd do it to see how it looked, peel and then do a permanent solution.
Wow. I've been thinking about blacking out all the chrome on my truck and plastidip seemed like the only way to do it. But I figured that stuff would only last a year or so or fade from UV exposure. But it sounds like you are saying it's durable, doesn't fade and is great. I'll look into it more.

Socks

Reaction score
Wow. I've been thinking about blacking out all the chrome on my truck and plastidip seemed like the only way to do it. But I figured that stuff would only last a year or so or fade from UV exposure. But it sounds like you are saying it's durable, doesn't fade and is great. I'll look into it more.
Make sure you finish with a clear coat or satin coat to preserve it. Still made by plastidip.

Users who are viewing this thread