5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King 2.5 Shock Setting Update

ais122

Reaction score
Hi All! Didn't see much of anything on this forum about anyone with any experiences with the settings on King 2.5 adjustable shocks so I'd figure I'd write my thoughts after 22,000 miles on them. As a background, I have 295/60r20 Recon Grapplers (36-38 PSI). When the shocks all the way open (softest setting) you get probably the most comfortable and smoothest riding experience that I've ever felt (on the road). The only drawback is that when you run into heavy rains, it does get a little squirrely especially when you hit those unexpected deep puddles on the side of a road going anything more than 45-50 mph. In the chunk, it's "okay" but nothing to write home about. I ran the shocks wide open for about 10,000 miles and then switched it up to 8 clicks after 10,000 miles... this made a night and day difference. The ride is just as smooth but the entire truck feels extremely planted (even in those same rain conditions with the same tire setup). For the washboards and fire roads for overlanding, the +8 clicks makes a significant difference in ride quality... far better than wide open. Oddly, the faster I go on the rough stuff, the smoother the ride feels, which is nice. That said, I can confirm that anything at +6 clicks from wide open (softest) is amazing. If I recall, they came at +9 clicks out of the box, but I think that's a tad stiff especially if you have nothing in the truck bed. I'd say that a +6 to a +8 is sufficient in the front, and a +9 or +10 would be perfect if you had a camper or a RTT on the bed. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Mattbryan660

Reaction score
I am excited i found some one who runs these. I got mine about 5xxx miles ago front and back pared with uca and maxx extreme sway bars. ( with airbags still havent even put them on yet tho). And i havent really messed with them much but im going to try this out! It really hasnt been as smooth as i wanted especially sice they cost so much!!

Mattbryan660

Reaction score
and to add to this, are you taking both low and high speed and turning it all the way down?

ais122

Reaction score
Well, the shocks I have only have one valve unlike the Fox 2.5s that allow for you to adjust the Hi/Low speed separately. Since that's the case, I only have to worry about dialing the number of clicks with just the one adjustment knob :) Glad you're enjoying your ride! :)

Users who are viewing this thread