5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KARR, INSTALL ISSUES

Ratfink

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the install of KARR/WDS alarms, installed for RAM dealers?
I just purchased a 2021, RAM-Laramie eco-Diesel and was looking at threads on people un-happy with KARR/WDS tech's work.
I looked under steering wheel to see what KARR/WDS did as I had no decision it this alarm, because it was already install. I was shocked to see T-clips in varios locations, on my $60, 000.00 dollar truck!
I called RAM they said talk to dealer, their looking i to it?
I called KARR/WDS, and they said "We have been doing this for over 30 yrs. And had few issues. And further more we installed for dealer. T-clios are commonly used in the industry, and KARR/WDS is not the only one." I said this is a 60K truck a d you butchered the electrical, T-clips do not meet SAE, standards, and MotorTrend has a write uo on proper repair and discuss use of t-clips and or any cheap clip used to pinch wires. Do not use them, unless it is an emergency, and or you don't care about the vehicle."
KARR/WDS representative said you are the only one have an issue with T-clips." I said people buying new vehicles do not know enough and or don't think about even looking to see after market, shady work **** this!
30 years ago vehicles whete not this sophisticated. I am concerned does anyone elese have concers?

Users who are viewing this thread