5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got me a TRX!!

Awood05

Reaction score
Just picked up this TRX yesterday. Can’t be more excited.

Apparently some guy ordered this and a Raptor at the same time and went with whichever one showed up first. His loss is my gain!!
9A16315A-1DA3-44B2-8CED-0F83AEFD27FC.jpeg 394F179B-9802-4ABE-BCA2-FF8F63AF9D4F.jpeg 53F3B6A8-66A0-4683-8ED2-F5943041DB80.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. And I see that you had to take it through a little mud on the way home.

bud007

Reaction score
nice !!!!!!!! (y)
if i could afford it , along with the gas :ROFLMAO:, i would think about getting one;) but living in Los Angeles with it so expensive ( along with everything else ) i just cant afford it
, good luck with yours

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck. Check out the Ram TRX forum, lots of good info there

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
giphy.gif

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Sometimes I think, with all the (extra) bells and whistles that came with my Laramie, plus everything I’ve thrown at it so far (and still no end to it) I could have had a TRX. Well done and congrats!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up this TRX yesterday. Can’t be more excited.

Apparently some guy ordered this and a Raptor at the same time and went with whichever one showed up first. His loss is my gain!!
View attachment 98266 View attachment 98267 View attachment 98268
Good afternoon Awood05,

I’m curious after 3-1/2 months of ownership what you think of the TRX? Pros? Cons? My brother is seriously considering pulling the trigger on a TRX. I’ve encouraged him to get on the forum and chat with the guys who have owned one for a while but in the meantime I’ll share your response (or any other long term owners response) over a cold one on his back porch.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Awood05

Reaction score
Hello @NorthStar

So far I’m loving it! It’s not perfect though.

I have just under 5,000 miles on it. I have owned a Raptor in the past and this thing litterally blows that out of the water. It’s power is incredible. (Especially for a 7,000 lb vehicle) The interior is just as nice as other high trim RAM’s. I personally prefer the console shifter over the rotary dial. I love the Performance Pages and the flexibility of the drive modes. You can program each mode to your liking, within reason. (I.e. You can’t set the suspension to Baja in TOW mode, nor would you want to.)
I’m averaging 13.5 GPM on a consistent basis. That is a mix of highway, paved and country roads. I haven’t used Launch Control yet. (Haven‘t really found a time or place to test it out yet.) The supercharger whine is intoxicating. (In fact all three of my vehicles are supercharged LOL)

As for the issues.

The passenger exhaust tip was about 1/2 to 3/4” shy of being flush with the drivers side. This seems to be a spotty issue. I took mine to the dealer to see if they had a quick fix, but they didn’t. In the end I ended up adjusting the joint to get them closer to symmetrical.
There is an issue that causes a “jolt” (or as some others call it, a kick in the *** feeling) when you take off from a sudden or quick stop. It seems to start around the 2,000-2,500 mile mark. This is a known issue and supposedly RAM is working on a solution. There seems to be temporary relief by greasing the driveline slip yoke. However this seems to only last a few thousand miles. There are a few that claim a TCM reprogram fixes the issue. I’m personally keeping my eye on the threads about this issue to see how it plays out.

If he wishes to learn more www.ram-TRX.com is where I and many other TRX owners hang out and discuss these things.

Users who are viewing this thread