5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got 2020 Ecodiesel

gtab55

Reaction score
Just got this to replace one of the fleet trucks, a GMC Sierra. GMC was great, awesome truck but the new GMCs and Chevy's didn't look as nice or have as nice interior.

We have a 2019 3.6 Big Horn I wrote about here https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/2019-big-horn-v6-transmission-blew.12666/
which ended up being a loose line that slowly leaked all the fluid out. Runs fine now, 24k miles.

We also have a 2018 ecodiesel with 61k miles and not a problem.

Got a great deal on this 2020 with the EP in 2019 and love it, especially the color. Look forward to seeing other ecodiesel owners, too.

Btw to anyone considering one, I am well aware of the emissions of modern diesels and the first Ecodiesel issues. Have 2 Audi TDIs, 3 VW TDIs, the 18 Ram, and a Cummins delivery truck. Ironically the Cummins has had the most problems and is never less than $2500 to repair, not to mention a $1200 tow bill when in rural parts. Diesels will have their share of issues, but we drive a lot and the convenience of 800+ mile fill-ups is too attractive.

Attachments

• 20191228_154632.jpg
    20191228_154632.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 64

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Just got this to replace one of the fleet trucks, a GMC Sierra. GMC was great, awesome truck but the new GMCs and Chevy's didn't look as nice or have as nice interior.

We have a 2019 3.6 Big Horn I wrote about here https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/2019-big-horn-v6-transmission-blew.12666/
which ended up being a loose line that slowly leaked all the fluid out. Runs fine now, 24k miles.

We also have a 2018 ecodiesel with 61k miles and not a problem.

Got a great deal on this 2020 with the EP in 2019 and love it, especially the color. Look forward to seeing other ecodiesel owners, too.

Btw to anyone considering one, I am well aware of the emissions of modern diesels and the first Ecodiesel issues. Have 2 Audi TDIs, 3 VW TDIs, the 18 Ram, and a Cummins delivery truck. Ironically the Cummins has had the most problems and is never less than $2500 to repair, not to mention a $1200 tow bill when in rural parts. Diesels will have their share of issues, but we drive a lot and the convenience of 800+ mile fill-ups is too attractive.
Welcome! I am a bit partial to your color choice as well!
Totally agree regarding the whole diesel issue/discussion etc. They are not for everyone. I have owned a CDI, the "dreaded" 6.4PS (still in the fleet with almost 200k, cab intact) and grew up with a 5.7..I have a fair amount of diesel experience from the marine side of things. There have been countless hours spent dockside (and online) as to which engines are great and which ones to avoid...
I think having a thread that gen 3 owners can chime in on actual ownership experiences will only benefit all of us!

rorischak

Reaction score
Great to hear and Nice Truck! I love mine so far. I don't have extensive diesel experience but have been around for a while and working in my dads small construction company has helped as we had to do a lot of bush fixes to old diesel equipment. I am really lookinig forward to this experience. FYI, I also bought the extended warranty which helps too!

Users who are viewing this thread