5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JimD007 Intro

JimD007

Reaction score
I bought my first pickup yesterday. My dad used to love his old Dodge pickup. My son-in-law and daughter like his Ram 1500 crew cab. I need more space for grandkids and would like to reduce use of a trailer to haul things. So the crew cab Ram made sense to me and I bought it. I kept my "nicer car" and want to use the Ram as a truck - hauling things so I bought what I consider a work truck. Tradesman with V6, automatic, vinyl interior, no carpet, basic radio, hitch and bed liner. Only the radio bugs me and I will probably just put in an after market radio.

My main hobby is woodworking and I will haul sheet goods which seems straight forward but also lumber that is sometimes 12 feet long. I only have a 5.5 foot bed (limited space on my driveway) so I am thinking a ladder rack might make sense but would probably remove it when not hauling something long.

Any experiences or thoughts are welcome. I also will add some foor mats, debating a Weather tech style "hose-it-out" custom fit or just some cheap carpeted mats. Given the lack of give in the current floor, I am leaning towards the carpeted ones.

Anyway I am a newbee truck owner but I've been around for quite awhile. I just retired and am nearing the end of big expenditures, I hope, getting the house and me ready for that change.

Users who are viewing this thread