5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JFYI my dealer was able to beat Costco's price on Michelin Defender's by $200

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I actually ended up at Pep Boys for tires. I got the Cooper Adventurer 275/60/20, they were running a special and also waived installation cost. The tires ended up being $600 less OTD than the Michelin.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I prefer America's Tire / Discount Tire, they will match any deal and also offer lifetime balance and rotate along with road hazard warranty.

It pays for itself without having to pay for dealer rotations, but even better is that they balance them, which is something the dealers rarely do. Plus if I lose a $400 tire due to road hazard, I get a free replacement.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The last time I had a dealership install tires was on my 2012 Camaro for snows. They hit the front and rear bumper, and destroyed the clearcoat on all 4 OEM rims and failed to "refinish" them 4 times and forced them to purchase me used wheels.

If something at the dealership is too cheap to be true, it likely is :(

sessman

Reaction score
The last time I had a dealership install tires was on my 2012 Camaro for snows. They hit the front and rear bumper, and destroyed the clearcoat on all 4 OEM rims and failed to "refinish" them 4 times and forced them to purchase me used wheels.

If something at the dealership is too cheap to be true, it likely is :(
Damn rough! Same exact tires and includes alignment, can't beat it. Obviously if they damage my vehicle that's a different story but wouldn't assume that's the norm.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prefer America's Tire / Discount Tire, they will match any deal and also offer lifetime balance and rotate along with road hazard warranty.

It pays for itself without having to pay for dealer rotations, but even better is that they balance them, which is something the dealers rarely do. Plus if I lose a $400 tire due to road hazard, I get a free replacement.
Agreed. I have their credit card that allows for 0% interest purchases. I bought 2 wheel and tire packages through them before at 0% both price matched to a competitor's cost. Great customer service.

sessman

Reaction score
Just picked up the truck, no damage to truck or wheels, alignment included, $1160 out the door. Couldn't be happier, MASSIVE difference from the stock tires.

sessman

Reaction score

What about alignment? The dealer includes it which they said is typically $180.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What about alignment? The dealer includes it which they said is typically $180.

No alignment, that is the one thing they are missing. But factor in the no longer needed $55 rotation every 5K, add balancing and road hazard for all 4 tires, and it's a worth it. You can also get an alignment from a good 3rd party shop, probably cheaper than that $180 the dealer wants. How often do you need an alignment anyways?

sessman

Reaction score
No alignment, that is the one thing they are missing. But factor in the no longer needed $55 rotation every 5K, add balancing and road hazard for all 4 tires, and it's a worth it. You can also get an alignment from a good 3rd party shop, probably cheaper than that $180 the dealer wants. How often do you need an alignment anyways?
According to a quick Google search an alignment is recommended when getting new tires. Not trying to convince anyone away from their comfort zone just sharing that my go-to used to be Costco and RAM beat them by $200 AND included an alignment which is a total savings of ~$389. Pretty damn good deal.

sessman

Reaction score
Btw I see you're on San Diego. Just got ceramic done by Eli at shine supply in Oceanside and he did an incredible job. In case you've considered it.

Users who are viewing this thread