5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It started with Service Shifter, then just went crazy

Mbuck66

Reaction score
The story:
Pulled into a parking lot, and sat with the engine (Hemi) ticking over, a warning comes up: Service Shifter, and the service light comes on in amber. Drove away again, and good for 15 miles.
Got onto the freeway, and a Christmas tree of lights is appearing, and warning messages like, service brakes, cannot display tire pressure, service shifter and others. Pull off the freeway. Stop the truck thinking it just needs to calm down. It won't restart. Call AAA 4 hours later AAA arrives, and says it's probably battery / alternator, tries to jump it, but no go, shows 12.2V.
The truck is now still at Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA, they just texted me saying: Towed the car into the bay. Addressing the low battery voltage, hard to say if there are other underlying electrical issues.

Any thoughts?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The story:
Pulled into a parking lot, and sat with the engine (Hemi) ticking over, a warning comes up: Service Shifter, and the service light comes on in amber. Drove away again, and good for 15 miles.
Got onto the freeway, and a Christmas tree of lights is appearing, and warning messages like, service brakes, cannot display tire pressure, service shifter and others. Pull off the freeway. Stop the truck thinking it just needs to calm down. It won't restart. Call AAA 4 hours later AAA arrives, and says it's probably battery / alternator, tries to jump it, but no go, shows 12.2V.
The truck is now still at Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA, they just texted me saying: Towed the car into the bay. Addressing the low battery voltage, hard to say if there are other underlying electrical issues.

Any thoughts?
what truck do you have?
year, model, etc

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The story:

Any thoughts?
Good luck as stated it may very well just be the battery. Ed voyles is who my truck went to last.

TRule

Reaction score
The story:

Any thoughts?
The story:

Any thoughts?
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 5.7 with pretty much the exact same problem -What fixed it????

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Bad battery is the first thought. Also could be a water in one of your light housings (tail lights are more common for this), or a bad ground connection. The main one to check is under the hood. Here’s the location

IMG_6452.png
IMG_6453.png

Users who are viewing this thread