5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with tire fitment

Herky125

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 bighorn 4wd. I added 275/60/20 cooper at3's shortly after I bought it and they fit fine with no running. I then added 1.5 inch wheel spacers, again no rubbing. Next added the motofab 2.5 inch level and I then had rubbing on the inner fender well of the front left tire when turning left. I had some 295/65/20 nitro terra grappler a g2s that I wanted to try and had rubbing in the same spot both with and without the spacers. Anyone else run into something similar? Now I'm stuck with the smaller Cooper tires I originally installed, no spacers and the level, but would still like a bigger tire that doesn't rub.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When you add spacers to stock suspension it actually sucks your tire in a little. If you look as to how the ifs geometry works.

Probably why you’re rubbing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herky125

Reaction score
On stock suspension, I wasn't rubbing both with and without the spacers and the 275/60/20's. But once I added the level, then I rubbed both with and without the spacers and with both the mentioned tire sizes.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Rudimentary diagram. But this is what happens when you add spacers instead of doing a full suspension drop that changes the control arm mounting points. It sucks the wheel in closer to the truck and can make it rub on things. It usually rubs the control arms.
90258ab276cf8088fdf737bdd3e1116f.jpg

Herky125

Reaction score
Rudimentary diagram. But this is what happens when you add spacers instead of doing a full suspension drop that changes the control arm mounting points. It sucks the wheel in closer to the truck and can make it rub on things. It usually rubs the control arms.
90258ab276cf8088fdf737bdd3e1116f.jpg

I don't believe we are talking about the same issue.

Herky125

Reaction score
Wheel spacers are not frame lift spacers.
I understand that, if you go back to my opening message, I started with wheel spacers and then also added a leveling kit. I have removed the wheel spacers now, so the only thing that I have that isn't factoring is the 2.5 level. Just found it odd that 1. I had no rubbing with just the wheel spacers, but then did have rubbing while running BOTH the spacers and the leveling kit. 2. I also had seen on here that people were running 295/65/20's with no rubbing, but I'm having alot of rubbing with that same tire and the leveling kit, both with and without the wheel spacers. I have a leased truck so had hope to do no trimming, but still go with as large of tire as possible.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
my comment was for ferraiolo1.
but it seems that the level kit might pull the wheels in like he said.
so the lift might cause rub when the non lifted but wheel spaced wheels did not rub.

fyi i dont know anything about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread