5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with car play and recent apple update?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed connectivity issues with the latest iOS update? My car play was working better than ever for the las 3-4 weeks. Always connected, picked up Amazon music from where it left off after shutting truck down. This morning I plug the phone in and the truck does not pick up car play. Updated all apps etc. apps working (Waze etc). Assuming cable is fine since charging comes through from usb ports in dash. Only thing that changed is iOS update

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GSRAM

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed connectivity issues with the latest iOS update? My car play was working better than ever for the las 3-4 weeks. Always connected, picked up Amazon music from where it left off after shutting truck down. This morning I plug the phone in and the truck does not pick up car play. Updated all apps etc. apps working (Waze etc). Assuming cable is fine since charging comes through from usb ports in dash. Only thing that changed is iOS update

Thx

I had an issue as well. Had to do a software update on my iPhone. It didn’t auto install and I had to do it manually. Check in you settings folder or App Store and see if you have updates. That seems to fix it for me.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
My Carplay hasn’t worked properly since IOS 15.3, somedays it works, somedays it doesn’t. My phone is now on IOS 16.2 and my UConnect is 39.9. I’ve tried everything, only thing left is to replace the media hub.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine takes longer to connect now since the latest UC 5 update. Never had issues before. Now takes a bit to connect but it does eventually after about 5 minutes.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Yup. Mine now on latest apple firmware when connected to the 12” Uconnect if the battery is full it was auto cycle connection and no connection constantly. Works fine when battery is not at 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online