5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is "Wholesale" price and "Invoice" price the same?

rott

Reaction score
I have been drooling over the 2019 Ram's and found out I can probably get a "friends and family" discount or "green sheet" I think the person called it. They thought it was 1% under wholesale pricing. My question is...what exactly is wholesale pricing on a 2019 Limited that has an MSRP of approximately $65k? Is wholesale the same as invoice? Is it cheaper to go to Dennis Dillon (although I'm in IL, and that is a LONG way away)?

I appreciate your help...this would be my first Ram...and actually my first truck, so I'm a little pumped about this. :)

cjgerson

Reaction score
Whole sale price is the same as Invoice price.

MSRP - Manufactures Suggested Retail Price
FWP - Factory Wholesale Price (aka Dealer Invoice) - You can easily get this price from services like Truecar.com
FFP - Friends and Family Price
HB - Holdback. This for RAM is 3% of the MSRP

Affiliate/Supplier pricing is 1% below FWP. Many dealers will beat this price. I typically shoot for FWP - HB.

Where you located in Illinois? I could refer you to my dealer in Central Illinois.

Here are the examples from my truck I currently have on order (but I am sure MSRP has gone up)
MSRP 67,770
Invoice 61,925
FFP 61,381
HB - $1,984

rott

Reaction score
Whole sale price is the same as Invoice price.

MSRP - Manufactures Suggested Retail Price
FWP - Factory Wholesale Price (aka Dealer Invoice) - You can easily get this price from services like Truecar.com
FFP - Friends and Family Price
HB - Holdback. This for RAM is 3% of the MSRP

Affiliate/Supplier pricing is 1% below FWP. Many dealers will beat this price. I typically shoot for FWP - HB.

Where you located in Illinois? I could refer you to my dealer in Central Illinois.

Here are the examples from my truck I currently have on order (but I am sure MSRP has gone up)
MSRP 67,770
Invoice 61,925
FFP 61,381
HB - $1,984

I'm located in north central IL...sounds like if I can find a volume dealer, it might be better than the FFP...

Thanks!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is also EP pricing for FCA employees and their immediate family. I believe its 3-5% under invoice/wholesale. This is what i received.

cjgerson

Reaction score
I'm located in north central IL...sounds like if I can find a volume dealer, it might be better than the FFP...

Thanks!

I am in Peoria, so we maybe close, and yeah I believe you should be able to get Invoice - 3%.

rott

Reaction score
I am in Peoria, so we maybe close, and yeah I believe you should be able to get Invoice - 3%.

I should be able to get this by negotiation? If you can provide me an avenue without a lot of back-and-forth, I would appreciate it!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should be able to get this by negotiation? If you can provide me an avenue without a lot of back-and-forth, I would appreciate it!
HB: Hold Back is on the trucks POC. Ask for the trucks POC and at the bottom of this sheet this will be list along with FFP and EP pricing

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you sir!
This is a POC. Every car has one even if the dealer purchased it from FCA. Every car in the dealers lot has one. Dont let them fool you with some other document they made in house which a lot people on her posted. You want this exact document. on the bottom on this form see mine attached you will see "HB" this is the hold back amount. There is also FFP which is the Friend and Family Price and EP which is employee and or close family member price. You have to have a code from a FCA employee to get FFP or EP.

PS: excuse my hand writing all over it. Also, my Build Code at the bottom is incorrect its 1 not 99. I didn't put my other POC due to my name and address being on the bottom left corner.

Attachments

• POC 2.jpg
    POC 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 167

pacu44

Reaction score
Is there any way to get improved pricing besides the back and forth negotiating?

Users who are viewing this thread