5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal?

LoveMachine

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a first time Dodge/Ram truck owner - I just bought a 2019 1500 Big Horn a couple days ago - and as I’m getting to know her, I a) came across this air suspension nozzle which the dealership didn’t know about (win for me!) and b) noticed the collar/gasket around the fuel inlet looks… off. Is this normal? The CarFax on the truck came back clean, so supposedly no accidents that would have moved anything. If this is normal, great, it just looks off-centered from what I would expect. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! C147EAD1-230E-4FCB-B746-71323870A583.jpeg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your filler neck looks normal as this is just a flimsy rubber boot. The valve above is probably for air bags installed on the rear springs.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I can’t find the picture to save my life, so I cannot compare yours to mine. However mine did not look right from the factory, I took it to the dealership and there was indeed something wrong. I’d have to look for the receipt, but I think they either had to replace the filler neck or tighten the collar. In short, I do not know if there is something wrong with yours but it is certainly possible based on my experience

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all. I am a first time Dodge/Ram truck owner - I just bought a 2019 1500 Big Horn a couple days ago - and as I’m getting to know her, I a) came across this air suspension nozzle which the dealership didn’t know about (win for me!) and b) noticed the collar/gasket around the fuel inlet looks… off. Is this normal? The CarFax on the truck came back clean, so supposedly no accidents that would have moved anything. If this is normal, great, it just looks off-centered from what I would expect. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! View attachment 113387
I think that is normal, funny thing is at first I thought that photo was from my truck 🤣 I have an air fitting in the exact same spot for the airbags I installed lol. My filler neck gasket looks similar to that one, you should be ok. 3EEC6AB3-1569-49F7-B578-B61496548186.jpeg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I put out a similar thread last year, you can search it and see more photos, but I looks just a touch tight, though the nozzle looks fine. It could be the weather at that moment tightened up the rubber around the nozzle giving that impression.

Did you check the nozzle itself, it should feel tight with a little (just a little) springy give, but feel solidly in place. If so, then it should be fine.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here’s a pic of mine but I don’t have the air nozzle

Attachments

• FA4D03B8-1E2E-41E3-891D-0CB7B1C8FA9A.jpeg
    FA4D03B8-1E2E-41E3-891D-0CB7B1C8FA9A.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 53

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello all. I am a first time Dodge/Ram truck owner - I just bought a 2019 1500 Big Horn a couple days ago - and as I’m getting to know her, I a) came across this air suspension nozzle which the dealership didn’t know about (win for me!) and b) noticed the collar/gasket around the fuel inlet looks… off. Is this normal? The CarFax on the truck came back clean, so supposedly no accidents that would have moved anything. If this is normal, great, it just looks off-centered from what I would expect. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! View attachment 113387
As long as you can fill your tank and it's not rubbing on anything metal I wouldn't worry about it.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks normal.

troybRAM

Reaction score
I think that is normal, funny thing is at first I thought that photo was from my truck 🤣 I have an air fitting in the exact same spot for the airbags I installed lol. My filler neck gasket looks similar to that one, you should be ok. View attachment 113393
Thank you for not wearing socks and sandals. RAM owners don't need that kind of shade... 😆👍🤣

LoveMachine

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Seems to be kind of hit or miss. I checked out my buddy’s Ram today and his looks just like mine, without the air suspension nozzle. I wonder what it is that makes some look like this and others are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread