5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal?

Atlantahank

Reaction score
I received an email from my local dealer stating the health of my truck. The stats look right on. Do they monitor all these trucks? First time I've seen a report like this. Thanks

Attachments

• Vehicle Status.jpg
    Vehicle Status.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 86

Barnyard

Reaction score
I used to get those on my wife's Grand Cherokee when the uconnect service was active. It never worked on my RAM

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it's normal.

I get a monthly vehicle health report but mine is from corporate (mopar.com), not the dealership. It doesn't give me much info (oil life, tire pressure, any issues/messages) that I don't already get from logging into my Mopar owner's account.

I have the NAV unit so that came with the XM Guardian trial (that I cancelled).

Everything is monitored. Some you know about and some you don't.

Here is FCA's "Big Brother" legal mumbo jumbo:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I received an email from my local dealer stating the health of my truck. The stats look right on. Do they monitor all these trucks? First time I've seen a report like this. Thanks
The Uconnect app has the exact same information. It's likely being generated and sent to you automatically, based on some option you have enabled. It's not like there are people actively monitoring your truck and manually sending out an email. But yes, they have the capability to passively "monitor" these trucks. It's the nature of the beast with modern vehicles. Kind of makes me want to sell my new truck and buy an old truck from the 80's LOL. But then I remember they kind of suck to use daily and quickly come to my senses.

Nels

Reaction score
You likely have the uconnect guardian? I received these on my 2019 jeep grand cherokee, which had a number of months of guardain free. Dont have guardian with my Ram, and dont get these reports. I still get them on the jeep that was replaced by my Ram almost a year ago. Guess i can see how the new owner is caring for it!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Yes they are normal and whether you get them or not you can rest assured big brother FCA is getting them (and possibly more info). I know there is a link somewhere where you can unsubscribe from them, I did. But like I said I'm sure FCA is logging that data and much more.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it is normal. Those of us with 12" screens don't seem to get them.
I have a 12" screen and I get the Vehicle Health Report on my Uconnect app. From the looks of it, there's an update that just rolled out.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know there is a link somewhere where you can unsubscribe from them, I did.
There's a couple of ways to go about it, either on-line or by paper (mail).

You can do a Google search or you can scroll towards the bottom of the web page I linked in post #4 and there are links for opting out (as much as you can).

Users who are viewing this thread