5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there anyone who installed Fox ifp

fawaz.

Reaction score
Hello

Looking for your support

I have installed fox 2.0 suspension with 285/75/18 tires there are some Rubbing While off-roading

Is it adjustable to lifted to 2.5 inch ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
You should be able to adjust the collar for 2.5" lift yes, but you'll have to take them off the truck and compress the spring to do so.
Where are the tires rubbing ?

fawaz.

Reaction score
You should be able to adjust the collar for 2.5" lift yes, but you'll have to take them off the truck and compress the spring to do so.

Properly front of the tire hit the bumper
It happens when i drive around 50km in the sand (dunes) at high speeds

fawaz.

Reaction score

How can know its 2.5 is their any marks in coilover ?

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Properly front of the tire hit the bumper
It happens when i drive around 50km in the sand (dunes) at high speeds

The bumper or the fender ? Can you post pictures ?

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
How can know its 2.5 is their any marks in coilover ?

No mark, Fox 2.0's typically come preset for 2" of lift for most applications. So you need 2-3 full turns in the adjusters to achive 1/2" more. but depending where you have the rubbing lifting the CO might be a moot point. that's why if you show some pics where the tires are rubbing we can give you some ideas.

fawaz.

Reaction score
The bumper or the fender ? Can you post pictures ?

6c8453d347daa6c4aba210e5253a0c40.jpg

In the fender

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
That's interesting. so it's rubbing the fender lip at the top? Cranking up the coilover may not fix that cause it seems that's happening when your suspension fully compress? Are you jumping the truck? Do you have longer front sway bar links?
What's the part# on your Fox 2.0 CO's?

I would have expected that to happen with 5100 or 6112 as they're stock length struts. Fox 2.0 COs should bump higher in their stroke since theyre or should be longer than stock.

Last edited:

fawaz.

Reaction score
That's interesting. so it's rubbing the fender lip at the top? Cranking up the coilover may not fix that cause it seems that's happening when your suspension fully compress? Are you jumping the truck? Do you have longer front sway bar links?
What's the part# on your Fox 2.0 CO's?

I would have expected that to happen with 5100 or 6112 as they're stock length struts. Fox 2.0 COs should bump higher in their stroke since theyre or should be longer than stock.

Correct Its happen when tires fully compressed and No front sway it just stock
With 2.0 fox ifp kit

I think if lifted to 2.5 inch thats properly will fix the problem

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
The CO is still compressing the same if you went from 2 to 2.5". Call Fox and show them the pictures. You can address that with a bumptop extension which we dont have, hoping Fox could do something about it or you could add a 1/2" top spacer. Wolf makes one. But let Fox now about this.

To you give an idea
Bilstein 5100/6112 length are 22.08" extended, 16" compressed. This is stock strut length in the DT truck.

Fox 2.0 for your application are 22.79" extended, 17.39" compressed. Part# for your application is 985-02-136. They're almost 1.5 longer on compression and should be more than enough to keep 35's away from the fender lips.

Even if you got the 1500 DS Fox 2.0 Coilover by mistake 22.42" extended, 17" compressed they will still be 1" longer.

Users who are viewing this thread