5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Surround View available on 8.4" display?

Chris

Reaction score
I've been told by my dealership that the Surround View will be available on the 8.4" display since it is listed in the Advanced Safety Group. However, every FCA video and release only shows it or mentions it on the 12" display without specifying compatibility on the 8.4" display. A couple of noted reviewers, including TFLtruck, has mentioned that it is exclusive to the 12" display.

Can anyone confirm if it is or is not available on the 8.4" display? I may need to cancel my order, since this feature is very important to me.

Fishinginklined

Reaction score
Just saw a video under the lift, level, and tires sticky thread (pg 11) that had an 8.4 and 360 view. It was a white sport. The fist that I've seen.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've been told by my dealership that the Surround View will be available on the 8.4" display since it is listed in the Advanced Safety Group. However, every FCA video and release only shows it or mentions it on the 12" display without specifying compatibility on the 8.4" display. A couple of noted reviewers, including TFLtruck, has mentioned that it is exclusive to the 12" display.

Can anyone confirm if it is or is not available on the 8.4" display? I may need to cancel my order, since this feature is very important to me.

You can def get surround view in the 8.4 (depends on pkg of course) as long as you don't have tow mirrors.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the surround view with 8.4. No question its available. It’s a nice feature. As noted, be sure NOT to get the trailer tow package...I opted for just the trailer controller. BTW, the factory mirrors are GREAT with the concave wide view corners.

Users who are viewing this thread