5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the 12v auxiliary power outlet in the tray on top of the center stack always on?

rtslab

Reaction score
Although the manual says "An auxiliary power outlet can be found in the tray on top of the center stack. This power outlet only works when the ignition is in the ON/RUN or ACC position.", However, for my 2021 RAM Limited, I found that power outlet is actually always on even after I turn off the engine and I found it out after I plug in a dash cam there.

Is this a feature of Limited trim? or the manual does not get updated?

Thanks!

It's always on on my 2020 laramie.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Yup what he said^^^^^^F54 in interior fuse box(1500)is switchable between battery or ignition fed power.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

As stated above fuse position. What's funny is I have seen some post both ways. Evidentially they hire blind assemblers at FCA, you think it would always be as the manual states, but it is not. Perhaps in different trims it is different, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back