5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it me or Toyota marketing

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every time a I see a Toyota truck with the TRD emblem I think "TURD". You would think that they could have omitted the D and made it a little better. Or maybe I'm just warped!

Firebird

Reaction score
I always think the same thing! Turd truck is what I call them

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
LOL, I used to own one and called it the TuRD!! Traded it in on my Ram and never looked back!

Many years ago I worked for a well known High Performance driving school that was sponsored by Ford. Someone from Ford told us a story that when they were trying to come up with the name for their racing division, the marketing dept decided on Ford Advanced Racing Technology, which of course would be F.A.R.T. ! Apparently, they didn't realize it until they had printed marketing materials... They then just decided on Ford Racing...... I don't know if this is a true story or not but can imagine it happening! :ROFLMAO:

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
LOL, I used to own one and called it the TuRD!! Traded it in on my Ram and never looked back!

Many years ago I worked for a well known High Performance driving school that was sponsored by Ford. Someone from Ford told us a story that when they were trying to come up with the name for their racing division, the marketing dept decided on Ford Advanced Racing Technology, which of course would be F.A.R.T. ! Apparently, they didn't realize it until they had printed marketing materials... They then just decided on Ford Racing...... I don't know if this is a true story or not but can imagine it happening! :ROFLMAO:
Either way... It stinks! My apologies!

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I just showed this to my wife to prove that I'm not the only one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
I was calling 'em turds long before I discovered that it was an acronym! lol

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I turned the TRD initialism into the TuRD acronym the first time I saw it in the side of the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you and I both! My wife even did!

We had a 2007 F150 with the FX4 package, we had an acronym for that one too! It should have been an F'D4 package because it was a lemon!

Users who are viewing this thread