5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iphone music

RamThunder

Reaction score
OK, I'm still pretty new here. Had a 2016 Ecodiesel and just moved to a 2020 etorque Laramie 1500.

I never had this problem with the uconnect in my other truck.

When I set up my phone initially, the phone/handsfree and the iphone music library all seemed to work well.

Yesterday I noticed that the uconnect doesn't seem to find all of my music on the iphone, only certain pieces of it (example: finds 4 songs on a play list when there are 24 on my iphone).

All of the handsfree phone functions work as normal.

I checked the iphone (it's an older SE) and all the music is there and when I manually go to a playlist on the phone with the cable plugged into the truck, the playlist is fully there and now functions and lists all the songs on that playlist, but if I then go into the phones other playlists via uconnect, it doesn't "locate/recognize" all the songs in the playlist.

I've unplugged, turned on and off, tried to find via the iphone, but unless I manually go to the playlist on the iphone, the system isn't identifying the while music library.

Where am I going wrong?? (Thanks in advance for any help)

Last edited:

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Probably not doing anything wrong. Had the same issue on my 4th gen. Apple blocks systems from reading all info in many applications. May go away when you upgrade your phone, but my 1st gen SE does the same thing and my wife's Iphone 10 (or X) does not.

Users who are viewing this thread