5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iphone 8plus ios12 phonebook not downloading

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have reached out to Uconnect customer serice to find out why my phone has limited capabilites on the new 12" system.
has anyone with ios 12 installed on their iphone encountered not being able to see any contacts, recent call history and such on the uconnect screen?

i have reset the phone, deleted and re-paired the bluetooth connection several times to no avail.

thanks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
i have reached out to Uconnect customer serice to find out why my phone has limited capabilites on the new 12" system.
has anyone with ios 12 installed on their iphone encountered not being able to see any contacts, recent call history and such on the uconnect screen?

i have reset the phone, deleted and re-paired the bluetooth connection several times to no avail.

thanks.
I am running iOS 12 w/o issues (first with iPhone 7+, and now with the SX Max).
One more thing you could to exclude you phone as the culprit, is to try is another iPhone (if you have access to one from a significant other/friend).
Then you will know for sure if it's the phone or your head unit.

Cheers,

ToolMaker

Reaction score

thanks.
Were you able to correct this issue? I'm having the same problem and tried to re-pair multiple times. iPhone8 with IOS 12.2
Thanks,

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Were you able to correct this issue? I'm having the same problem and tried to re-pair multiple times. iPhone8 with IOS 12.2
Thanks,
@ToolMaker,

the phone and the uconnect system magically paired up a day or two after my posting. lately i get is message asking if i want to pair a phone as soon as i start the truck. i just ignore the message as it goes away and the phone stays connected

Lize

Reaction score
Same here, iPhone XS with iOS 12.3.1
Connects fine with bluetooth but then no contacts, favourites etc so unless I know the phone number I want to dial then I can't make calls.
All works fine CarPlay via USB but I don't always want to plug it in, especially on short journeys.

Not sure whether I'm missing something or an update to uConnect is needed and how I would go about doing that?
Any suggestions welcomed!
Thanks

Jmattsonk

Reaction score
I still with the same issue with uconnect 12", cant donwload my phone contacts . I´ve tryed with different phones and doesnt work

Willy66kp

Reaction score
I am having this issue with my Galaxy s9plus and the 8.4 Uconnect. Worked without issue for a year and now, my contact/phonebook will not link update? Phone pairs, get calls through truck, just shows phone number now. Voice command gives me error that phone contacts are still downloading? Does anyone know if there is an update for Uconnect to resolve??

Users who are viewing this thread