5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 15 Pro Max, USB-C & Apple CarPlay

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ebo1981

Reaction score
I’m having the same issue, what I found out tonight is if I plug the phone into the usb-c port then turn the truck on and ignore the safety splash screen it works…. Unplug phone while truck is on and have to start over again. Trying the wireless route as well.

Mdeans

Reaction score
So the new iPhone is here and my inner Gen Z just had to have it..🤦‍♂️
But now i'm coming across an issue with Apple CarPlay and i'm curious if others are experiencing the same thing(including android users with usb-c).

Im coming across an issue where I plug my phone in and Apple CarPlay does not turn on. The phone charges fine, but for whatever reason, Apple CarPlay does not turn on.
I found that pulling out the cable, flipping it over, then plugging it back in gets it to work(sometimes). I really hope this is just a software issue from Apple and not something common with USB-C.
Which brings me to my next question. I was wondering if any Android users have this issue when trying to connect to Android Auto.
I never had any issues like this before. Also, I have the 12" UConnect 4 system.

I saw some wireless Apple CarPlay adapters on Amazon and I think I might just get one of those. Lord knows when this issue will be fixed by Apple...
I had s similar issue with 15 pro and 12” unconnect in my 2021 rebel, I think I found a fix by plugging in a 3.5mm extension cable ( short cable with 3.5mm plugs on each end) into the aux port on the hub, I put tape over the loose end. After that charging and CarPlay seems to work flawlessly so far

Users who are viewing this thread