5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iowaguy

IowaGuy

Reaction score
Hi All
First Post ... have been reading the forum off and on while looking at Rams. Not sure if this is the right thread I should post in (please move it if need be). I saw there was a lot of traffic in this thread, so thought that might help in getting quick feedback on a truck I am potentially buying in the next few days. I have some general questions and was hoping to tap quickly into the wealth of knowledge and experience here. Here is what I am looking at ...

2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn
5.7 Hemi - eTorque / .392 gears / limited slip diff
fairly loaded ...

Equipment Packages:
Customer Preferred Package 27K
Protection Group
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Two tone/painted bumpers (white/walnut)
LongHorn Level 1 Group

Other Add-Ons:

Pan Roof / RamBox / Multi Function Tail Gate / Air suspension / 33 gal tank / 22" wheels / TBC & Hitch

Only 28K miles, seems to be in really good shape. No accidents. Interior is immaculate with the exception of some leather delamination on the dash where it ties in to the center electronics stack surround half way to the windshield. It has been RAM certified, so I think I can add MOPAR warranty through someone like Ziegler no problem. I have driven it once and looked it over quickly. Have an hour drive to go look at it again today potentially.

They are asking for $49K before taxes/warranty addons. I have offered $48K OTD, cash (43K truck, 2K Ziegler 4 Year/60K MOPAR warranty, ~2.7K tax, 300ish fees)

They have come back and said we are a couple grand apart on what they can do ... means they need $45K before tax/warranty which means they are likely looking at $50K OTD with warranty I want. Am thinking I will probably take a certified/bank check with me today for $49K. Am planning on keeping this for 3-5 years, maybe longer, then trading into a loaded newer ram, maybe with the H.O. twin turbo six?

Have some major anxiety, I am not a car flipper to say the least. Have driven my 2005 Nissan Titan CC for 19 years LOL.

Some general questions ...

1. Thoughts on $49-50K OTD with 4 year / 60K MOPAR warranty (max care)?
2. Any thoughts on what the max payload and tow cap would be on this (I know, will look at the door sticker if I get up to look at it today)
3. Thoughts on dash repair or other service/extras I can ask for if they cant move on the 50K OTD number
4. Thoughts on this year model, reliability, etc. Mistake dropping this much on a 5 year old truck with the thought of keeping it five years or so?
5. Will rust be an issue over the next five years or so, typically? I have read that RAM is much better than it used to be.
6. Anything I should look for when I do the second test drive?

thanks for any help, and sorry for the long post.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Hi All
First Post ... have been reading the forum off and on while looking at Rams. Not sure if this is the right thread I should post in (please move it if need be). I saw there was a lot of traffic in this thread, so thought that might help in getting quick feedback on a truck I am potentially buying in the next few days. I have some general questions and was hoping to tap quickly into the wealth of knowledge and experience here. Here is what I am looking at ...

2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn
5.7 Hemi - eTorque / .392 gears / limited slip diff
fairly loaded ...

Equipment Packages:
Customer Preferred Package 27K
Protection Group
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility Group
Two tone/painted bumpers (white/walnut)
LongHorn Level 1 Group

Other Add-Ons:

Pan Roof / RamBox / Multi Function Tail Gate / Air suspension / 33 gal tank / 22" wheels / TBC & Hitch

Only 28K miles, seems to be in really good shape. No accidents. Interior is immaculate with the exception of some leather delamination on the dash where it ties in to the center electronics stack surround half way to the windshield. It has been RAM certified, so I think I can add MOPAR warranty through someone like Ziegler no problem. I have driven it once and looked it over quickly. Have an hour drive to go look at it again today potentially.

They are asking for $49K before taxes/warranty addons. I have offered $48K OTD, cash (43K truck, 2K Ziegler 4 Year/60K MOPAR warranty, ~2.7K tax, 300ish fees)

They have come back and said we are a couple grand apart on what they can do ... means they need $45K before tax/warranty which means they are likely looking at $50K OTD with warranty I want. Am thinking I will probably take a certified/bank check with me today for $49K. Am planning on keeping this for 3-5 years, maybe longer, then trading into a loaded newer ram, maybe with the H.O. twin turbo six?

Have some major anxiety, I am not a car flipper to say the least. Have driven my 2005 Nissan Titan CC for 19 years LOL.

Some general questions ...

1. Thoughts on $49-50K OTD with 4 year / 60K MOPAR warranty (max care)?
2. Any thoughts on what the max payload and tow cap would be on this (I know, will look at the door sticker if I get up to look at it today)
3. Thoughts on dash repair or other service/extras I can ask for if they cant move on the 50K OTD number
4. Thoughts on this year model, reliability, etc. Mistake dropping this much on a 5 year old truck with the thought of keeping it five years or so?
5. Will rust be an issue over the next five years or so, typically? I have read that RAM is much better than it used to be.
6. Anything I should look for when I do the second test drive?

thanks for any help, and sorry for the long post.
welcome,
while I cant answer everything as I am new to the ram family also. I can tell you if you do a search here you will find several members that have had the dash issue with the leather. I believe its rather costly to fix that if I remember right. you might be able to worm a grand out of them for that. the rest of the questions, there are other members with far more knowledge that will be along to answer some of those for you.
I am still waiting on my Ram from the factory. I have driven Silverado's for more years than I can remember so I get the anxiety.

Users who are viewing this thread