5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into a 2020 Ram Rebel from a 2014 (4th gen) Ram 1500 Sport

HydroRebel

Reaction score
I'm not in Canada so I have lesser winters, BUT I've run both BFG KO2s and Duratracs in winters on winters, loved both!

3PMSF Rating thusfar hasnt let me down.
This year I'm running Toyo AT3s, it snowed once, they were good in the little bit I drove
Yes I thought the KO2's were good also. It's been over 10 years since I used them so my memory is a little hazy. When my Duratracs wear down I'll be giving Falcon Wildpeaks a try. Supposedly those are good too and much cheaper than Duratracs and KO2's!

HydroRebel

Reaction score
For those who use the block heater and find the incredible short plug to be a PIA.. I took the advice from HydroRebel and added a Noco plug. I mounted the plug on the rear of my truck, just to the left of the license plate and ran the wiring (extension cord) along the frame from back to front and into the engine compartment. No more having to open the hood every time I plug my truck in! The Noco plug blends in nicely on the back bumper and makes it even easier for me to plug my truck in since I always back into my driveway. Noco Plug with 6' cord (GCP1E), added a 16.5' extension cord and it was the perfect length to reach into the engine compartment to the short block heater cord. I used Self Fusing Tape to seal the Noco plug to the extension cord.
Glad it worked out for you! I too considered mounting the Noco in the rear but ended up choosing the front for ease of installation. How about a pic when you get a chance?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I thought the KO2's were good also. It's been over 10 years since I used them so my memory is a little hazy. When my Duratracs wear down I'll be giving Falcon Wildpeaks a try. Supposedly those are good too and much cheaper than Duratracs and KO2's!

To me those are the top 4 A/T tires I would run.
Duratrac, KO2, Falken AT3W, thusfar the newcomer Toyo AT3s have been good.
For me, I like an A/T with some offroad-ability, plus 3PMSF rating as a must.
A good snow rating is a thing you need "All the time" in a coastal winter, but needing to get somewhere in a blizzard "right F-ing now" and finding out your purpose built offroader truck can't do it, is NOT something I can live with!

TacticalCucumber

Reaction score
I just did this mod today. Will post pictures later. Thanks for the idea - great place to mount. I will say though, for those who might be thinking of doing this - you'll have to drill through the bumper fascia where the license plate is, but also the support bracket behind it. Not a big deal as both are plastic, but it is something to consider. I doubt it'll affect the structural integrity of anything, but it is something to be aware of so you don't get back there and start scratching your head wondering how the other guy did it.

TacticalCucumber

Reaction score
I just did this mod today. Will post pictures later. Thanks for the idea - great place to mount. I will say though, for those who might be thinking of doing this - you'll have to drill through the bumper fascia where the license plate is, but also the support bracket behind it. Not a big deal as both are plastic, but it is something to consider. I doubt it'll affect the structural integrity of anything, but it is something to be aware of so you don't get back there and start scratching your head wondering how the other guy did it.
Also requIred 20+ ft of extension cord - I had a 25ft with only 3ft to spare. Looks stock though!

Screenshot_20210130-181759_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210130-181812_Gallery.jpg

Just make sure to move that wire and clip when you drill. Took me about an hour and a half to do everything. Well worth it.

ServoFides35

Reaction score
So I too cam from a 2014 Ram. It was a tradesman and I bought a 2019 Rebel w/ the trx4 offroad pkg. Same sorta thing I saw one and it was calling out to me. I held off as I didn't want another truck payment. Well a couple of weeks later I actually found another one just like the first one I saw at another dealer and I wanted it. So I called and chatted with the salesperson for a minute until they finally said "let me see if it's still on the lot." Of course it wasn't. That's my luck. My wife said "hey what about the one from a few weeks ago." Surely its already sold I thought. So I looked, it was there, and cheaper. I called verified it was there, made an appointment for 2:00pm, couldn't make the 1:00pm she wanted to schedule me for. So I arrive at 2ish talk to a sales rep. and get the keys for a test drive. When we get back to do the deal he says that someone is actually in with finance now (the 1:00pm appointment) and he wasn't aware and apologized. I took it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. We pack up and drive home and before I unlock the door the sales rep calls me. The deal fell through, the buyer got irate, they had to kick him out of the dealership. First time ever this has happened he says. Do I want the truck? I say yea, but I'm going to eat dinner first. lol Long story short I end up getting way more for my trade than expected, way better interest rate, etc. Like the universe wanted me to have that truck. So now I got it and love it. I agree with the stock tone needing some pep, luckily mine already had a magnaflow muffler installed from the previous owner. I'm already looking at small mods to make it more mine. Coming from the older ram to this is a night and day improvement.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I too cam from a 2014 Ram. It was a tradesman and I bought a 2019 Rebel w/ the trx4 offroad pkg. Same sorta thing I saw one and it was calling out to me. I held off as I didn't want another truck payment. Well a couple of weeks later I actually found another one just like the first one I saw at another dealer and I wanted it. So I called and chatted with the salesperson for a minute until they finally said "let me see if it's still on the lot." Of course it wasn't. That's my luck. My wife said "hey what about the one from a few weeks ago." Surely its already sold I thought. So I looked, it was there, and cheaper. I called verified it was there, made an appointment for 2:00pm, couldn't make the 1:00pm she wanted to schedule me for. So I arrive at 2ish talk to a sales rep. and get the keys for a test drive. When we get back to do the deal he says that someone is actually in with finance now (the 1:00pm appointment) and he wasn't aware and apologized. I took it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. We pack up and drive home and before I unlock the door the sales rep calls me. The deal fell through, the buyer got irate, they had to kick him out of the dealership. First time ever this has happened he says. Do I want the truck? I say yea, but I'm going to eat dinner first. lol Long story short I end up getting way more for my trade than expected, way better interest rate, etc. Like the universe wanted me to have that truck. So now I got it and love it. I agree with the stock tone needing some pep, luckily mine already had a magnaflow muffler installed from the previous owner. I'm already looking at small mods to make it more mine. Coming from the older ram to this is a night and day improvement.
Congratulations on your luck, best wishes on your new ride.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on the Rebel. I loved my 2014 but I have to say after owning the rebel now for roughly 8 months it's the perfect daily driver for me. The truck has the right amount of attitude without being over the top!

Users who are viewing this thread