5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interview with an engineer that helped design Hurricane engine

That was a great watch, thank you for posting.
He not only dispels a lot of old wives tails, he gives reasons behind them.

I’m sure…there are going to be those that say “he’s not the warranty department, they don’t care how long it lasts, etc”
That’s fine. Is he going to change old die hard minds? No.
But it was a great watch, thanks!!

Great video, thanks for sharing. If only the engineers had the final say and not the accountants!
If you think the price of vehicles is high now (which, I agree, they are)… let en engineer have final say… LOL.
Having spent the last 35 years supplying the automotive industry with electronics, I can tell you that you are both spot on! I can easily say that I've never witnessed an automotive engineer design a truly bad product, and I can just as easily say I've never seen such a product actually go to market without having gone through "cost-out" efforts, resulting in compromised product, no matter how you slice it. It's a brutal truth that we all pay for in one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back