5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent wont crank issue

Truckguy2751

Reaction score
My 19 wont crank at times when you push the button. I hear a click near the starter. Wait a min or 2 or press an array of FOB buttons and it may or may not start. Battery checks out and I replaced the starter

It started about the time I made the first payment:(
Sometimes they can be finicky . Try and press the brake pedal a little firmer then hit the button and release the brake . There are times I've heard about the truck not recognizing the brake pedal being pushed before the start button is pressed .

So must not be under warranty. If were me, I’d find all the big battery cables (positive and negative) - like diameter of a pencil or bigger, disconnect, clean where they connect and the lug as well, tighten back up. Starter draws a lot of current, so going to be a big cable. Would think if it were the brake pedal that you wouldn’t hear that clicking. Anyone know if the starter solenoid is part of the starter? If not, that is another possibility - find it and replace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back