5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent ParkSense and Service Shifter alerts

chiffy242

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn supercrew in November 2023. About 6 months later, I would be driving and hear a ding. On the dash, it would say ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable. Then sometimes a few seconds later, another ding and would say Rear ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable, then another ding and say Front ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable. Not always together. They only pop up for a couple seconds then go away. I do notice that the red lights on for the ParkSense toggle buttons. Then a minute later the lights are off. Sometimes this happens several times over a 5 minute drive. Some days nothing happens. Lately, with it being hotter out, seems to happen a lot more. The hotter out, the more it happens. Also, Lately, I now get a service shifter alert. Sometimes this one dings and pops up 10 times on a five minute drive. Dings, says service shifter then goes away then does it again. Everything seems intermittent. Sometimes when the temp was over 95 out, I would get all 4 intermittently while driving. Does not affect driving other than being very annoying.

Any help appreciated

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn supercrew in November 2023. About 6 months later, I would be driving and hear a ding. On the dash, it would say ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable. Then sometimes a few seconds later, another ding and would say Rear ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable, then another ding and say Front ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable. Not always together. They only pop up for a couple seconds then go away. I do notice that the red lights on for the ParkSense toggle buttons. Then a minute later the lights are off. Sometimes this happens several times over a 5 minute drive. Some days nothing happens. Lately, with it being hotter out, seems to happen a lot more. The hotter out, the more it happens. Also, Lately, I now get a service shifter alert. Sometimes this one dings and pops up 10 times on a five minute drive. Dings, says service shifter then goes away then does it again. Everything seems intermittent. Sometimes when the temp was over 95 out, I would get all 4 intermittently while driving. Does not affect driving other than being very annoying.

Any help appreciated
Take it to the dealer?
If you feel like going after it your self, then OBD link MX+, alfa OBD, SGW bypass cable and a subscripion to alldataDIY Advanced DIY Automotive Repair | ALLDATA DIYshould get you in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread