5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intermittent Hum

Npatch56

Reaction score
I’ve had my truck for about 2 years now, and have experience this hum/vibration multiple times. The hum usually occurs around 1700 rpm. The dealership has no idea what it is because it’s hard to duplicate. Does anyone know what this could be?

Do you have a Hemi V8? Could be the active noise cancellation malfunctioning. Next time it occurs roll down your window and see if the sound goes away. ANC is disabled by an open window. Does this tend to happen when there is something in the back seat like people or gear?

Do you have a Hemi V8? Could be the active noise cancellation malfunctioning. Next time it occurs roll down your window and see if the sound goes away. ANC is disabled by an open window. Does this tend to happen when there is something in the back seat like people or gear?

yes I have the hemi, unfortunately it happens with the windows down as well

Is it when the MDS kicks on? If you're looking for it, you can definitely hear/feel a difference when it's activated at lower RPM's.

With stock exhaust most of the time it's not noticeable. With a louder/open exhaust it can be unbearable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back