5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Trim Removal and Painting

Apettit13

Reaction score
Hello all, I’ve done a lot of research and haven’t found anyone that has removed the silver trim and painted it. I have seen people wrapping it, but not removing and painting so I figured I would give you an update.

I have heard a few people say that the silver trim on the door panels is not removeable, which isn’t entirely true. The pieces are plastic welded on, so as long as you have some JB weld, you can put everything back with no issue, the bulk of the trim snaps off with clips though.

I’m in the process of removing all the silver, and painting it Delmonico Red with Mopar Touch Up paint to color match with the exterior of my vehicle. This is a pretty painstaking process as the mopar paint comes in a can about half the size of a regular paint can, which I wasn’t aware of, so I’ve got to order more paint. I’ve got about half of the trim painted, and will be completing it once the rest of my paint comes in.

If you’ve got any questions about the process let me know, all of it is pretty easy with the exception of the door panels, where you have to break the welds and then just JB weld them back together once reassembling.

I will post more photos of the process as I go, and post completed photos when finished.

Attachments

• DC1F0465-61CF-41E6-A1B7-7C77ABAEE0B9.jpeg
    DC1F0465-61CF-41E6-A1B7-7C77ABAEE0B9.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 5A918BCB-3B52-4B4B-B72A-219C2FA3EED0.jpeg
    5A918BCB-3B52-4B4B-B72A-219C2FA3EED0.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 01F7F87C-BE3C-4ABC-A48D-F8002DED8AC4.jpeg
    01F7F87C-BE3C-4ABC-A48D-F8002DED8AC4.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 6858140A-E839-4FA1-89C3-AC12D8BD7512.jpeg
    6858140A-E839-4FA1-89C3-AC12D8BD7512.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 154
  • F660EF30-9BF3-4DFC-8FA0-4AE6CF58DE5F.jpeg
    F660EF30-9BF3-4DFC-8FA0-4AE6CF58DE5F.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 155

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Honestly this looks great man. You've got much more patience than I do. As much as I like the accent trim in a Rebel, I don't have the steady hand, time or patience to do something like this in my Sport. Would love to see how it turns out!

Apettit13

Reaction score
Honestly this looks great man. You've got much more patience than I do. As much as I like the accent trim in a Rebel, I don't have the steady hand, time or patience to do something like this in my Sport. Would love to see how it turns out!
Yeah luckily the paint is pretty easy to work with which helps. The biggest pain is just getting all these little pieces out without busting them all to hell, but I’m figuring it all out! I’ll post more once I get more paint and can keep working on it

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey man can you tell/show me how you took apart the trim pieces in the dash? The silver trim in the center dash and center console have always bugged me on my truck. I want to do anodized orange and gloss black accents if it’s not too crazy difficult! Yours turned out amazing!

Bweigand

Reaction score
Hello all, I’ve done a lot of research and haven’t found anyone that has removed the silver trim and painted it. I have seen people wrapping it, but not removing and painting so I figured I would give you an update.

I have heard a few people say that the silver trim on the door panels is not removeable, which isn’t entirely true. The pieces are plastic welded on, so as long as you have some JB weld, you can put everything back with no issue, the bulk of the trim snaps off with clips though.

I’m in the process of removing all the silver, and painting it Delmonico Red with Mopar Touch Up paint to color match with the exterior of my vehicle. This is a pretty painstaking process as the mopar paint comes in a can about half the size of a regular paint can, which I wasn’t aware of, so I’ve got to order more paint. I’ve got about half of the trim painted, and will be completing it once the rest of my paint comes in.

If you’ve got any questions about the process let me know, all of it is pretty easy with the exception of the door panels, where you have to break the welds and then just JB weld them back together once reassembling.

I will post more photos of the process as I go, and post completed photos when finished.
Are you doing the door handles as well? Do you have any videos of removals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online