5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Packages on a Rebel?

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at the Rebel and trying to decide what interior package to purchase.

I’m looking at the Rebel 12A along with the Level 2 Equipement.

Does anyone have this on their Rebel? Are you happy with it?

Your thoughts on interior packages?

One last thing......I’ve never had a sunroof on previous vehicles.......those that have them is it worth it?

What is the most functional “add ons” that you wished you had and different get?

kjn86

Reaction score
Sunroof is worth it. It's awesome. There are a lot of threads about this. Most say yes. Don't have the 12" myself, so can't comment. 33 gallon tank is pretty functional. Wish I had that. Blind-spot and spray-in bedliner are totally worth it IMHO too. I got the Mopar hard-folding tonneau cover from the dealer at purchase and they rolled it into my loan, which was nice too. Definitely get Level 2 over Level 1 too. No brainer.

Don't get tow package under any circumstances. LOTS of threads on that too if you didn't find them. My only regret is the tow package. Otherwise love the truck.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I have the 12A package. I think the black leather seats tones down the red in the interior a bit. I have the sunroof too. Same as on my old Raptor. They're great, brings in plenty of light on cloudy days and almost makes the trucks like convertibles with the sunroof and all windows open.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be honest there's no "wrong" answer. Realistically, you could flip a coin on a bunch of these and be happy with the result!

"I’m looking at the Rebel 12A along with the Level 2 Equipement.
Does anyone have this on their Rebel? Are you happy with it?
Your thoughts on interior packages?
One last thing......I’ve never had a sunroof on previous vehicles.......those that have them is it worth it?
What is the most functional “add ons” that you wished you had and different get? "

I like the red/black Rebel stock interior, I like it just as it is!
I do not have the 12in screen. I bet it's really really cool, but I don't lose sleep over it.
The 33gallon tank to me was a must, I'm very glad I got it.
I didn't get the air suspension as I want to lift it one day.

I didn't hear the sound system without the upgrade, I just opted for it - but I'm satisfied with it.
I don't have a sunroof, I've never had them on vehicles.
While I was a little gunshy after the leaking horror stories, if I had the coin I would consider it.
I have ramboxes and love them, I literally don't seriously consider other brands as I can't live without them now!

So one of the things worth thinking about?
On pick ups, as you add more options, options add weight.
Weight subtracts from the payload.
Ramboxes are actually heavy, going from 26 to 33gallons, no idea about the roof. Step rails add weight, tonneau, air suspensions tanks, everything.
The rebels are heavy because of things like the skidplates, the bumpers, the big rubber tires, IIRC the 4x4 system is extra robust and a little heavier too?
I do not know if the sunroof adds weight, I assume it does.

My doorsticker is in the 1300s with my options.
If you're towing?
If you have a 7,000lb trailer, and go with 10% tongue weight? That's 700lbs on the back.
If you have a 1400lb payload sticker, you now have 700lbs for passengers.
Consider that too!
There's a thread somewhere around here with guys posting their doorstickers and their options.
It works like this for allll the trucks, 1/2ton, heavyduty, midsize, and all the brands.

TormentedOne

Reaction score
Sunroof is worth it. It's awesome. There are a lot of threads about this. Most say yes. Don't have the 12" myself, so can't comment. 33 gallon tank is pretty functional. Wish I had that. Blind-spot and spray-in bedliner are totally worth it IMHO too. I got the Mopar hard-folding tonneau cover from the dealer at purchase and they rolled it into my loan, which was nice too. Definitely get Level 2 over Level 1 too. No brainer.

Don't get tow package under any circumstances. LOTS of threads on that too if you didn't find them. My only regret is the tow package. Otherwise love the truck.
I went through the first few pages on the towing section of this forum and couldn’t find these threads saying not to get the tow package. Could you elaborate why?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went through the first few pages on the towing section of this forum and couldn’t find these threads saying not to get the tow package. Could you elaborate why?

Doesn't really matter on a Rebel as you can't get the 360 surround view with the cameras like the you get on other trims. Also the tow mirrors don't power fold like the normal ones would.

TormentedOne

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter on a Rebel as you can't get the 360 surround view with the cameras like the you get on other trims. Also the tow mirrors don't power fold like the normal ones would.
Thanks for clarifying, I actually stumbled across a post earlier today about why, a shame fca decided to optioned the packages that way

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The heated feature is what I miss the most on tow mirrors for frosty mornings. I had very similar tow mirrors on my 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 and they had heaters at least. But, the large convex portion on new 2019 tow mirrors lets you see tire to curb space so helps with parking a lot. I don't put Rebel in a tight garage so power fold isn't needed. I have a Bennington triple hull pontoon boat that is very wide so really need mirrors that flip wider. Here is my door stickers.....my Rebel has every possible option available April 4,2018 when I special ordered it ....except ETorque, Ramboxes, and block heater.....hope this helps with capacities on a loaded Rebel. IMG_2725.jpg IMG_2726.jpg

Last edited:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The heated feature is what I miss the most on tow mirrors for frosty mornings. I had very similar tow mirrors on my 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 and they had heaters at least. But, the large convex portion on new 2019 tow mirrors lets you see tire to curb space so helps with parking a lot. I don't put Rebel in a tight garage so power fold isn't needed. I have a Bennington triple hull pontoon boat that is very wide so really need mirrors that flip wider. Here is my door stickers.....my Rebel has every possible option available April 4,2018 when I special ordered it ....except ETorque,
Ramboxes, and block heater.....hope this helps with capacities on a loaded Rebel.
View attachment 28119 View attachment 28120

Mine is at 1308

I DO NOT have on that doorsticker weight:
- Rebel 12
- step rails
- etorque
- the moonroof
- air suspension

Things driving up the weight:
- Ramboxes (I love em though), which I think were good for 120-140lbs, as estimated in another thread?
- 33gallon fuel tank, the difference between that and a 26 gallon tank is 50pounds just in gasoline. Not to mention the additional weight of the
- bedliner, it's heavy rubberized stuff and has to coat a lot of surface. Line-x guesstimates 40-70lbs for a bed.
- tonneau cover

Things I added:
- a Magnaflow exhaust system, which I would bet is lighter
- step rails, which are not.

It has about 440lbs more payload on the doorsticker than my 4th Gen Rebel, which was similarly equipped, but had air suspension of course.

Users who are viewing this thread