5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior lights leds all around

RAMpage

Reaction score
Has anyone with stock interior LED's replaced them with ones from one of the kits mentioned in this post? I originally bought the Fyre kit for my last '19 Rebel which didn't have many LED lights inside but now that I have a crew cab Rebel it seems most of them are already LED (except the exterior cargo lights and lower glove box light). Wondering if still worth replacing them all?
Thanks!

RAMpage

Reaction score
How the heck do the stock footwell LED lights come out? Managed to get the others changed (except there is no under hood light so not sure why they included one in the kit?) and there is no dome light in my CC that has the large bulb.

Attachments

• F5BB9ADD-DAA0-407C-A6CA-AB204ADEA63C.jpeg
    F5BB9ADD-DAA0-407C-A6CA-AB204ADEA63C.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 05335E4C-CC49-4560-9CF6-5EB37D93AC1D.jpeg
    05335E4C-CC49-4560-9CF6-5EB37D93AC1D.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 59

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't they SNAP into place into the molding? I was gonna pull mine .. I shoulda looked and been readily available to assist on this one @OttawaRAM

RAMpage

Reaction score
Don't they SNAP into place into the molding? I was gonna pull mine .. I shoulda looked and been readily available to assist on this one @OttawaRAM

I pulled on them lightly but didn't want to break anything... figured I would ask first in case someone has removed them before :) Can't really see the other side of them to see what's holding them in place.
The vanity mirror lights that came with the kit are wayyyyy too bright haha... so much glare that it defeats the purpose. Will have to pop those covers off and spin the lights around more.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No tools Needed ..
1 - lay on your back if you want under the driver's side.
2 - slide your finger between the LED and the OBD connector
3 - push the tab inwards towards the LED
4 - push down on the LED
5 - will rotate down on the driver's side with the pivot point being on the passenger side
6 - unplug the connector

reverse with the new LED housing -- even faster to install :
1 - connector connector
2 - place pivot point in opening
3 - rotate LED upwards
4 - 'click' = done :)

1567641398814.png

RAMpage

Reaction score
No tools Needed ..
1 - lay on your back if you want under the driver's side.
2 - slide your finger between the LED and the OBD connector
3 - push the tab inwards towards the LED
4 - push down on the LED
5 - will rotate down on the driver's side with the pivot point being on the passenger side
6 - unplug the connector

reverse with the new LED housing -- even faster to install :
1 - connector connector
2 - place pivot point in opening
3 - rotate LED upwards
4 - 'click' = done :)

View attachment 35193

Nice!! Thanks for posting! Notice much difference after installing them?
Was debating ordering red ones for down there so that it's a little less distracting when driving

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice!! Thanks for posting! Notice much difference after installing them?
Was debating ordering red ones for down there so that it's a little less distracting when driving

No mine are stock white from the factory -- I wanted to go blue but decided to keep these for now.

RAMpage

Reaction score
No mine are stock white from the factory -- I wanted to go blue but decided to keep these for now.

Haven't had a chance to look at them yet since it's been raining all weekend... but do you know if those bulbs are even replaceable? Fyre said trucks with factory LEDs there aren't replaceable (like the license plate ones).

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to look at them yet since it's been raining all weekend... but do you know if those bulbs are even replaceable? Fyre said trucks with factory LEDs there aren't replaceable (like the license plate ones).

I'd have to ask the place that is selling them and see if they are just led bulb replacements or the housing like the image above. I may see if I can open these up - I'm betting they are surface mount LEDs and not standard ones.

RAMpage

Reaction score
I'd have to ask the place that is selling them and see if they are just led bulb replacements or the housing like the image above. I may see if I can open these up - I'm betting they are surface mount LEDs and not standard ones.

That's what I am thinking also - much like the one inside the upper glove box. Unfortunate. Most of the kit from Fyre is unusable for me (why do they even include a light for under the hood??) so I will just return it and buy the few individual bulbs.

shodeadman

Reaction score
I've ordered the white Fyre Flys 3014 kit but I want the footwell lights to be red LEDs. What is the size bulb I need to swap the footwell for my Bighhorn NewBody?

Users who are viewing this thread