5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior LED lighting issue 22 Rebel

Reaction score
Replaced all interior lights on my 22 Rebel with LED. All working fine, except they will not come on with overhead console switch in the all interior on position.

Work when doors open and with map light switches, just not with switch in all on constant position. Am I missing something???

Attachments

• 20230620_093122.jpg
    20230620_093122.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 3

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not believe I've heard of that one yet. I did all of mine with Lasfit led's. No issues. I'm sure you'll get some advice here. I'm no electrician.

Reaction score
Me either, but I have had basically exclusively Dodge/Ram trucks since the Gen 1's. Done tons of mods on every one I have had. LED's multiple times and never run into this. Crazy gremlin for sure 😁

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible you may have inadvertently disconnected something when you did the overhead/map lights? I know there's a lot going on up there by thos map lights. Maybe you disconnected a contact for the switch? It's been a few years since I did mine but seems worth taking another look in that area.

Reaction score
Is it possible you may have inadvertently disconnected something when you did the overhead/map lights? I know there's a lot going on up there by thos map lights. Maybe you disconnected a contact for the switch? It's been a few years since I did mine but seems worth taking another look in that area.
I thought that also, but the same switch controls if they come on when doors are open, and that is working. Also, the map light switches are working. Guess I will take it back apart again and recheck too be sure. They really made it a pain in the butt to replace/change out the map lights in the Gen 5.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea it's a pain. Hope you figure it out. I'm curious as to what that could be.

Users who are viewing this thread