5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Differences Between Trims

ballgame168

Reaction score
I had a chance to drive a Rebel and Limited for the first time yesterday. The Rebel was awesome and surprisingly more comfortable inside than I anticipated. However the interior of the Limited was on another level. I am considering the Limited and also a Laramie with the sport and off road packages along with the uConnect 12” that specs out cost wise inline with thev
Limited. But I haven’t driven the Laramie. Can anyone offer a comparison of the interior quality of the two if all else is basically equal (I think the main difference is no ventilated seats in the back)? For extra credit, does anyone know or have an idea how the interior quality of the Rebel 12 will compare to the Limited? On pure looks, I prefer the Rebel or Laramie with sport package over the Limited but I given the amount of $$ I am planning to spend I don’t want to compromise on luxury. Thx.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove the Limited and while it is luxurious there were things I didn't like.

1. Wood trim on steering wheel looks and feels like plastic.
2. Panoramic sunroof could be prone to leak or clogged drain
3. 12" screen since I found having knobs makes it easier to control while driving.

I loved the air ride so I had to have that as well as front bench seats. Feels roomier without the large center console. I think the interior of the Laramie is still very nice.

Socks

Reaction score
From what I remember on the limited the wood on the upper part of the steering wheel isnt real wood. Something to do with safety but it being the one piece you are most like to touch, it did feel a bit weird.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Laramie has most of the premium interior features. Both the Laramie and Longhorn use #1 seat form cushions, so the comfort of the trim line should be similar to a Limited. The Laramie is also gets acoustical glass, which keeps down road noise.

I needed a bench seat, which is not available in Limited or Longhorn trim. I’m very happy with my well optioned Laramie. Friends who ride in the truck are impressed with the comfort and luxury.

DeanKing

Reaction score
Only two I test drove was Limited and Laramie. I do not suggest choosing a Laramie over a Limited without trying both. The limited is just another level in the seating materials and comfort. In the end I got the Laramie fairly loaded due to how it looks on the outside with the Sport appearance package. I also think you are potentially introducing a third feel in ride if you get Laramie with off road and no air ride. For what these things cost and the availability of trucks on the lot drive a Laramie before deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/