5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting thing happened

Kosherdog

Reaction score
So I was dropped my kids off at school and daycare and was heading back home. Folded my mirrors and pulled my truck into tht garage and attempted to put it into park. My gear selector, while in the park position, begins to flash intermittently and won't go into park. My parking brake tums on and I get a message saying service transmission while getting a check engine light. My truck will also not fully turn off either...it stays in ACC and my radio and lights remain on. I plugged in my OBD2 code reader and get a "P0850* which according to a Google search states, "If the PCM has stored the P0850 code, it means that the input circuit which measures the function of the park/neutral switch has given an abnormal voltage ...". I finally disconnected by battery to save it, and reconnected to see if it would change and sure eny, it was back to normal. I called the dealer as my bumper to bumper warranty is up this July and wanted them to have something on file in case this issue pops up again. Anyone ever deal with something like this? Other than that, I've been very satisfied with tht truck through almost 3 years of ownership and almost 19k miles.

My truck is a 2020 Laramie with sport package, non torque, ASD, level 1 package with sunroof.
I just got the same message. We were out playing in the snow. Did exactly what you said. We went in the house for awhile. It started working correctly but still have check engine light on. Checked the code. Po850. But I looked under the truck and my transfer case is packed with snow. My battery is 3mo old. I will check again in the am. Hopefully snow melts.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I just got the same message. We were out playing in the snow. Did exactly what you said. We went in the house for awhile. It started working correctly but still have check engine light on. Checked the code. Po850. But I looked under the truck and my transfer case is packed with snow. My battery is 3mo old. I will check again in the am. Hopefully snow melts.
That sucks 😔 if you have an OBD2 code reader, you could delete the code and see if it comes back. My guess, like another poster said, is a sensor gets packed with snow and causes the error. Good luck 🤞 let us know what you find out.

Kosherdog

Reaction score
That sucks 😔 if you have an OBD2 code reader, you could delete the code and see if it comes back. My guess, like another poster said, is a sensor gets packed with snow and causes the error. Good luck 🤞 let us know what you find out.
Snow melted. Now it's back to normal. Now to go look at new rims. Seems I bent one playing in the snow.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Snow melted. Now it's back to normal. Now to go look at new rims. Seems I bent one playing in the snow.
Damn man, you must have been hitting it hard. My suggestion is to get a side by side. Rims are cheaper on those ;(

Users who are viewing this thread