5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Integrated Trailer Brake installed on 2019 Ram Limited with Uconnect 12"

borderjack

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram with the 12" display. I installed the OEM trailer brake controller (82215278AE) today. The install is very easy for a DIY. Only problem is when I reconnected the negative battery terminal and started the truck, all my apps and convenience controls are gone. SiriusXM no longer there, backup camera gone, heated/ventilated seat features are all gone. I know I have to get the truck flashed to recognize the TBC, but why did all that happen? I have an appointment on Tuesday for the software flash, I hope it works. If anyone has questions about the physical install let me know.
Give it a day or two. This is what happened with mine and all of the features came back to life. You will still need to have the TBC added to the truck's computer. My dealer charged me $60 for the 30 minute job.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
will this also apply to the 8.4" Screen on my 19 Big Horn?

FL-Ram

Reaction score
Has anyone had the dealer install a factory integrated trailer brake on a 2019 Ram 1500 with 12" uconnect screen? I bought a limited and it did not come with one and was not available when I bought it. (why a 68,000 msrp truck has a blank spot there is just ridiculous!) Dealer says it is available now $299 and requires 3 hrs labor. I'm curious if it requires dash removal or just popping tab out. I don't want to add it if it is complex enough to risk tech damaging or breaking something in the process.
I bought an OEM controller and my local dealer installed for $250 including updating uconnect. Highly recommend integrated controller since ACC will apply trailer breaks when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread