5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intake manifold

donttreadonme

Reaction score
My trucks check engine light just came on the code is for p2008 and p2017 short runner valve
Which is on the intake my question is if I would need to replace the intake where can I purchase one I have searched and no luck most places say out of stock or discontinued 2012 ram 1500 5.7 with 78,000 miles I have found 6.4l intake would I need to tune the engine if went with a 6.4 intake manifold instead of the stock 5.7

My trucks check engine light just came on the code is for p2008 and p2017 short runner valve
Which is on the intake my question is if I would need to replace the intake where can I purchase one I have searched and no luck most places say out of stock or discontinued 2012 ram 1500 5.7 with 78,000 miles I have found 6.4l intake would I need to tune the engine if went with a 6.4 intake manifold instead of the stock 5.7
A tune would definitely be needed if you switched to the 6.4 intake, but would be a nice boost in performance

Thank you
Also could I use a Diablo turner to tune it myself
You will have to send your PCM to get unlocked, or buy an unlocked PCM. Diablo will work but will need a custom email tune, or find a local shop that can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back