5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Input on AT tires

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am about due for new tires. I am happy with the stock Bridgestones for all my uses. Traction has been great for dry and wet. Mileage has been really good. Gravel is most off road I go. Thinking about either offroad/AT tires or onroad/AT tires that have 3 peak snow flake rating. How much do people lose in MPG going to AT styles tires?
Looking at AT4W, Open Country AT3, BFG Trail Terrain T/A or Continental Terrain Contact A/T.

Thanks

I tried the OC AT3’s in LT285/60/29 was not pleased with the wet traction. Ran them 500 miles and switched them out for Falken ATW4 in 305/55/20 standard load and love them. Lost 2 or 3 mpg.

I have venoms. Really good tire for the price. Wet traction isn’t the best and they are a bit noisy.

I forgot to mention I'm in upstate NY so need to perform for all weather conditions. I like the reviews of the AT4Ws but saw that are 20 lbs heavier than the stock tires, hence the mileage question.
Thanks again

I forgot to mention I'm in upstate NY so need to perform for all weather conditions. I like the reviews of the AT4Ws but saw that are 20 lbs heavier than the stock tires, hence the mileage question.
Thanks again
You might check out the new Bridgestone Dueler Ascent AT. They have a 3 peak snowflake rating and only 3 lbs heavier then the stock tires. I was looking at the Continental Terrain Contact AT's but their winter rating is lower then most of the others but the Bridgestone seems to be well rated all around.

Last edited:
Thanks again
If you’re not going to be towing, get a tire with STD load range. They will be lighter.

If you need something for the snow, make sure the tires have the winter designation on it. I think it’s a snowflake icon

I ran the falken at3w on my last couple trucks and loved them. My wife's jeep has the new at4w on it and they will be what I replace the factory wrangler duratracs with when it's time. If your coming from a lighter highway type tire you'll see about 2mpg. That's what I got when I switched from the Firestone destination ht tires. The wife's jeep lost less than 1mpg compared to factory Firestone destination at.

I have been running Copper AT3/4S. A great all around AT tire thus far, no complaints from me. I lost about 1.5 mpg, but thought it a fair trade for a substantially better tire than the OEM's. I would do it again if they are still around when I need another set of tires. You have to pay attention to the weight of the tire in order to avoid loosing too much mpg.

I just installed Falken AT4W LT285/55/20.. Rides better than the Bridgestones. I imagine I'll lose some MPG, but truck feels better on the road. No real noticable road noise change. Maybe a little bumpy? I love em!

Attachments

• 20241026_160527~2.jpg
    20241026_160527~2.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back