5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inner CV boot issues

HydroBlue Sport

Reaction score
Good evening all, I’ve had my 21 Ram sport going on 6 weeks and when I purchased the truck the dealer had changed the front diff and both axles under warranty. One would assume it’s not something I need to keep an eye on for a good while, well the day after I took possession I noticed some grease drops and got under the truck and the first/second day of driving around caused the passenger side large clamp on the inner boot to break off and grease went everywhere.As I’m still under extended warranty I went to the dealer and they installed a heavy duty tie wrap until the new axle arrived as warranty called for one ( so the new one that was on the truck when I bought it lasted 300km as they didn’t want to repack it and put a new clamp)…2 weeks later they changed the axle and all was well.. fast forward to yesterday, was cleaning my front fender wells and noticed now the driver side was covered in grease, now that sides inner boot is cut/ripped and spitting out grease..what gives. To note, sway bar and end links are new, front is leveled 2”, nothing is hitting, rubbing that I or they can see, running stock 20” wheels with 275/60/20 tires (not LT 10 PLY). The outer boots on both sides were/are mint, it’s only the inners. Is this a common issue???

And just to add to my misery, she’s got a water leak via the back window, we have it narrowed down, just hoping the fix works. I love this truck, but not liking my bad luck 6 weeks into owning it.

Users who are viewing this thread