5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-floor storage mods...

U-235

Reaction score
Has anyone customized their in-floor storage to fit their needs? Like to fit camera gear, or "L-shaped metal objects"? This took me an hour and maybe $20 worth of foam. I'd love to see what others have done. box.jpg

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice wish we were aloud to have "L shaped objects". Did you get the optional lock for them.

U-235

Reaction score
On the way; not here yet. I have little guys, so I am paranoid about keeping things locked up tight.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Has anyone customized their in-floor storage to fit their needs? Like to fit camera gear, or "L-shaped metal objects"? This took me an hour and maybe $20 worth of foam. I'd love to see what others have done.

Very very nice. I love the ingenuity of our members on here. My only thought is your L shaped object isn't readily accessible but I 100% understand your reasoning for picking out that area. Great work!

U-235

Reaction score
The Mopar locks; I don't have a review on them yet, but I will update when I do. As far as accessibility, that compartment is really just for when I have to go in to someplace they are prohibited...usually it's much much more accessible. ;)

jamesfg

Reaction score
As far as accessibility, that compartment is really just for when I have to go in to someplace they are prohibited...usually it's much much more accessible. ;)

I'm a total space cadet, I didn't even think of that, I normally just stick it in the center console and side the tray forward. I'm going to purchase one of the safes in the near future as I used the safe on our 2500 to stick our L shaped items in there with our phones, wallet and trailer keys when me and the wifey took the quads out.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The Mopar locks; I don't have a review on them yet, but I will update when I do. As far as accessibility, that compartment is really just for when I have to go in to someplace they are prohibited...usually it's much much more accessible. ;)
Ah, got it. These are the ones I was looking at as well. Pls post back your thoughts once you have this installed.

Thanks!

Last edited:

warvet

Reaction score
That's nicely done. Real Nice

I'm not old --46 years old, but the old soldier in me won't let me do anything with my pistol other than....... conceal carry it on my body at all times.....Inside Waist Band at 12'O Clock..........even places that don't allow them. First offense in NC is a class 2 misdemeanor. It's a chance I take, but criminals don't follow the law and I won't get charged if I save a life or two or take the criminal's life when he walks in with an AK47

Worse case, and not too often, I'll thrown it in arm rest if it's a place with metal detectors or something like that. But I don't have those occasions often

I wish I can find usage for my storage. I've yet to use mine. I can't think of anything other than as a cooler when we run to the beach. But your Mod is nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread