5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm venturing cautiously into the 21st Century.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My truck has a CD player. But my CDs are scattered throughout three cars and a bookcase, and some of my music is only on my computer. I had an iPod, but it got stolen. I use a flip phone that was already dated when I got it in 2009, so no bluetooth phone music for me.

So.... I'm importing music from CDs that I never copied before, and I'm redoing some oldies in unsupported and low-bitrate formats, and I started transferring the works over to a flash drive. One thing I can say: my laptop with Windows 10 is worlds faster than my desktop running Vista, and the previous ones running 98 and XP.

Before I got too far along, I went out and tested the flash drive in the truck last night. Good sound. Pleased that it reads playlists. I listened to some music I haven't listened to in years. Stuff I'd forgotten I had.

Who knows? Maybe I'll set up the USB turntable I got as a gift a couple years ago and finally copy some of my LPs that have never been released as CDs. (Like the original Chuck Wagon & The Wheels)

Then I'll just have to figure out what to do with dozens of cassette tapes. I wonder if the Walkman will work with the aux jack in my truck? I wonder if the Walkman even still works? :unsure:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't used CD's in about 7 years since my '14 jeep. For some reason I still have all my 300+ CD's in the basement like I might use them someday but I have them all ripped to my NAS server. I have just shy of 8000 songs and haven't listened to 95% of them in 10yrs..Oh how I don't miss having the CD cases in the car and having to change cd's 20 times anymore.lol

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hung onto mine for quite a while after my portable 8 track player died. But when I moved about 15 years ago I finally tossed them.
Wait till the new tech gets here and all you have to do is think of a song and the radio will start playing it . lol

Users who are viewing this thread