5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm the New Guy.!!

JimC

Reaction score
We just purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the Big Horn Level 2 Equip. Group. I'm picking it up tomorrow (Saturday) out of state and I'm wondering about connecting my existing GPS and Radar Detector to the Truck's power system. I'm wondering about the standard cigarette lighter plug for one of them and then I guess I have to use the USB power slots for the other.??

We bought the Crew Cab 1500 so we can transport our Large Doberman around with us. I love the backseat how it's setup with the flat floor and the seats folding up out of the way.!! I got the Six Cylinder for economy. I will pull my Harley in the enclosed trailer and the 7,000 lb gross weight is fine.

Looking forward to all the help I may need down the road from this Forum.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. If your truck was new then you may qualify for the (Allstate sponsored) $250 rebate program which has been received by many of our forum members.
Here's info on the rebate.
BonusDrive

www.bonusdrive.com
www.bonusdrive.com

Search the forum for "radar detector" and you'll find threads on wiring it in.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We just purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn with the Big Horn Level 2 Equip. Group. I'm picking it up tomorrow (Saturday) out of state and I'm wondering about connecting my existing GPS and Radar Detector to the Truck's power system. I'm wondering about the standard cigarette lighter plug for one of them and then I guess I have to use the USB power slots for the other.??

We bought the Crew Cab 1500 so we can transport our Large Doberman around with us. I love the backseat how it's setup with the flat floor and the seats folding up out of the way.!! I got the Six Cylinder for economy. I will pull my Harley in the enclosed trailer and the 7,000 lb gross weight is fine.

Looking forward to all the help I may need down the road from this Forum.
If you have a smartphone you can use apple carplay or android auto for your navigation and not worry about having to plug up a standalone GPS unit. Plus if you use Waze you get traffic alerts, speed trap and camera alerts for free.

JimC

Reaction score
If you have a smartphone you can use apple carplay or android auto for your navigation and not worry about having to plug up a standalone GPS unit. Plus if you use Waze you get traffic alerts, speed trap and camera alerts for free.

Thanks for the info. I do have an Android Smartphone but it uses Google to activate, as I understand. I'm real leery using Google Apps for anything. So I'm trying to stay with my GPS. I finally found the one cig lighter. :eek:) and used it for my long trip back home but had to shelve the radar detector.

Users who are viewing this thread