5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im new here and need your help

Donnabonnett

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 truck in March if this year. Ever since I've had it, whenever my speed would hit 55, there is a loud humming noise. Once I would get past 55, it would stop. My passengers would always ask what that loud humming noise is. I took it back to the dealership and had them check it out. The mechanic drove it and said the mufflers needed to be replaced. So, that's what was done. It didnt get rid of that humming, but bit it's doing it at 35 mph and at other speeds as well. Any ideas as to what ur can be, so I can tell the mechanic what it might be?

TexasDrew

Reaction score
Recommend going to another mechanic for an accurate diagnosis. Loud humming can be differential bearings, wheel bearings, exhaust, insulation, etc.. See if you can record the noise from a remote listening device or even the cabin and put it on here. Also, does the noise correspond to accelerating, coasting, high wind...

Donnabonnett

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. The noise only happens when I hit certain speeds, not when I'm accelerating. As soon as i pass through the 35 mph, 55 mph point, it stops. It's like a loud humming noise. Almost sounds like a low flying airplane.
I'm visiting family in Atlanta for another week, and going to take it to the dodge dealership to see what they suggest.

TexasDrew

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. The noise only happens when I hit certain speeds, not when I'm accelerating. As soon as i pass through the 35 mph, 55 mph point, it stops. It's like a loud humming noise. Almost sounds like a low flying airplane.
I'm visiting family in Atlanta for another week, and going to take it to the dodge dealership to see what they suggest.
What ever happened?

Users who are viewing this thread