5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ignition goes from Run to Acc when cutting truck off after stop

Magicmo1

Reaction score
When I go to turn my truck engine off. I press the push button and instead of turning off, it goes to Acc. And sometimes when I press the button again it goes back to Run. And then to off.
Sometimes when I go to start the engine, put my foot on the break pedal. Press start. It will not start but goes to run.
Anyone else have this issue.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard of that before. If the behavior of the button is inconsistent like you describe, then it sounds like there's some kind of short in the button. They're pretty cheap (and easy) to replace. I'd just buy another one and be done with it. You could even upgrade to the red TRX-style start button while you're at it.

Ryno

Reaction score
Mine does this as well, yet to figure out why.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine does this. tried new button, didnt help. tried new fob, didn't help. changing the body control module Wednesday.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the same thing, but several times I've parked my truck, hit the button to turn it off, go to open my door and the radio stays on even though I expected it to turn off when I opened the door. I look at the button and the acc is lit, so I cycle it through to off. I've attributed it to maybe not hitting the button quick enough, holding it a tad too long.

Users who are viewing this thread