5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icon uca

ljndralec

Reaction score
looking for some input anyone might have if they have installed the icon uca's on their truck?

agjr85

Reaction score
Guy on the facebook groups has the icon UCA's and claims they are solid.
They seem to look the par, but come at a nice price tag.

ljndralec

Reaction score
Guy on the facebook groups has the icon UCA's and claims they are solid.
They seem to look the par, but come at a nice price tag.
thanks! yea havent seen too many people comment i guess its because of the price im debating because they are pricey. i saw some tuff country iniball ones for around $400 and it has good reviews but seems like icon is a better quality brand

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Don't look at the price alone. If you're looking for info regarding their delta joints you can do a google search and read from forums where people are using them. I made the switch from Zone UCA's to Icon Delta Joints, big difference in the way my truck rides now which is kind of crazy considering Zones have a built in offset to account for 2-3" lift (Icons have a little more), don't know if what i'm feeling is the result of better bushings (Zone have rubber bushings whereas Icon feature poly bushings) or perhaps the way the joint is mounted on the frame of the UCA allowing the joint to pivot at a better angle when the suspension cycles up and down. Can't explain why but my CO's are almost maxed out at 2.75" of lift and the truck is soaking up to to bumps and what not even better than before and i havent changed anything in my setup other than the UCA's. Can't get the grin out of my face is like having new shocks, and my CO's are literally brand new considering i sent them out for new valving and tune not too long ago and with this chinesse flu crap we haven't been traveling much.

I've had uniballs before in my Yotas, can't beat their performance if you're giving them hell which is why most race applications use them. But uniballs requiere more maintenace. The Delta joints in theory have uniball strenght combined with standard BJ longevity so they should last a long time like BJ's, where as you must replace your uniballs more often, especially if you live in the salt belt or if you live in the dirt often. Mud and salty snow is poison for them so you must keep cleaning the lubing them a lot. Poly bushings can be a little noisy but if you grease often you're good to go. I'm planning to grease the bushings and delta joint every 3-5k miles just as Icon recommends. So far i have zero noise and i'm using just conventional NLGI+2 grease with moly i picked from my local Autozone for $5

To give you an idea here is my comparo of Icon vs my old Zones
The BJ sits a different angle. i wish i coud have measured the difference, this will be max drop travel
Icon Delta Joint UCA vs Zone UCA Max Down travel by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Max up travel
Icon Delta Joint UCA vs Zone UCA Max Up travel by RAM RSM, on Flickr

and offset (both ucas have govs of caster built-in correction, Icons have a little more)
Icon Delta Joint UCA vs Zone UCA Driver side by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Mounted in the truck, this woud be full droop in my truck, notice the CV angle
2021-01-17_06-17-38 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Accutune King 2.5 CO's with Icon Delta Joint UCA's by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread