5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think my 2019 HD has AC issues

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
WhenI had my 2019 1500, I read all the threads about poor AC performance. I only owned it for a few months and it was fall/ winter/ spring. Now, I have a new HD and I can tell the AC performance is lacking; especially when compared to other vehicles.

Here's a video of me comparing the AC temps in my truck against a 2019 GMV Sierra 1500. There was over a 20-degree difference.

Just curious; is this what others are seeing with their Rams or is something wrong with mine. Honestly, I am hoping something is wrong and this is not as good as it gets.

cberg727

Reaction score
Having the same issue in my 2019 ram 2500 6.7l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Checked my wife's Honda CRV after making this video. It blows almost as cold as the GMC. It's got a 1.6L engine.....surely our 6.7s can handle a more heavy duty AC system.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checked my wife's Honda CRV after making this video. It blows almost as cold as the GMC. It's got a 1.6L engine.....surely our 6.7s can handle a more heavy duty AC system.
Hope it’s something else; something that can be easily fixed. But if it’s the same problem that a lot of us 1500 owners have, there’s always the clamp or valve for the heater core hose. Sad. But there’s nothing but radio silence from FCA about this fairly widespread problem.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Mine is cold as ice. Not sure but it might be a common problem with the new design and face lift trucks have in common.

Coyote

Reaction score
Tint all the windows with LLumar stratos tint. Will not fix A/C problems but will be cooler. Use 50 or 70 on front glass

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same issue on my 2019 1500 Limited... the AC blows cool... not cold.
But at @BeauxXL1200 stated... FCA isn't saying anything the 1500 owners have been complaining for close to a year now.

Had a 2016 Durango for a work car... I could never set it to low or it would freeze me out.

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Tint all the windows with LLumar stratos tint. Will not fix A/C problems but will be cooler. Use 50 or 70 on front glass

After enough time the truck gets comfortable. I have tinted windows and a brow so that helps. But, I have to leave it on max ac all the time usually with the blower at least mid way.

Coyote

Reaction score
This tint is different then any tint I have seen. Look it up and go by a local store in your area just to look. It is a little pricey for tint. Just saying it may help if Ram is not going to address your problem

SethTN2500

Reaction score
New to the group, but not to Ram trucks. I just traded my 2015 Ram 2500 (5.7L) for a 2019 2500 (6.4L) last Friday. I noticed the next day that the A/C was blowing cool, but not nearly as cold as the previous truck (or our Wrangler).

I called the sales manager Saturday and he made me an appointment for Monday morning. My wife dropped it off at 9am. Service called me about lunch time (they gave my wife a loaner vehicle) saying that right after they opened the ticket with the A/C code, Chrysler called them and told them not to touch it until they heard from STAR (the tech assistance line).

They had them go through a laundry list of tests on the lower end of the unit (whatever that means) and didn't want them doing anything to the upper portion. Here I am at a week of ownership and the dealer has now had it 5 days of that.

The tech line has exhausted all options and tests and can not figure out the issue. They are supposed to send over the region's service rep that is based in Nashville (I am in the Knoxville area) maybe next week to look at it. The service manager said unofficially that he simply thinks Chrysler knows there is an issue but doesn't know how to fix it. The dealer said it is blowing about 18 degrees warmer than it should.

In the meantime, the sales manager (and service manager) are pushing Chrysler to just swap me out of this truck all together. I have Chrysler Corp person involved in this too (not some from Chrysler care) and they are doing some investigating on this as well.

I am not sure if I push for a replacement or just ask for my old truck back at this point. It is frustrating. The dealership has been great at getting back to me and keeping my posted, but Chrysler seems to be slow going on this. $50k truck that I can't even drive at this point and I had been trying to be patient, but that is wearing thin.

cberg727

Reaction score
Did they tell you the temperature that it is supposed to be?

moshez333

Reaction score
Delusional
I'm with a similar problem
I was in the garage measuring 14 degrees Celsius
Next week, set me up for a malfunction check
I'll update when done

Users who are viewing this thread