5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pulled the trigger today

RAM309702

Reaction score
After months of debating between 2018 or 19 Ford Raptor vs 2019 Limited RAM 1500, I pulled the trigger!

My comparison
Stereo system in RAM was way louder, and more clear. I’ve read posts about it not being good. Not sure what everyone was talking about, I’m a audio nerd with Sonos at my house. Not only is RAM plenty loud, but very clear at high volume.

I personally thought Raptor was muffled and RAM was clear winner.

I ordered the:
Limited max steel w/ frost interior
Hemi none e-torque
3.21 gears (I only tow 5k lbs a few weekends a year)
Pano roof
Trailer brake (didn’t want tow mirrors)
Bed step
Protection group
Level 1 (of course)
Ram box
Standard chrome bumpers
22” wheels

I decided to custom order since no dealer had exactly what I wanted

Will be here in 5 weeks!

RAM309702

Reaction score
Main reason I went RAM was the dang interior is so awesome! I’ve ALWAYS wanted a raptor, and when I could finally afford one, this RAM comes along and won me over with interior quality.

I know they are two different beasts, but I’m happy with my decision.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Main reason I went RAM was the dang interior is so awesome! I’ve ALWAYS wanted a raptor, and when I could finally afford one, this RAM comes along and won me over with interior quality.

I know they are two different beasts, but I’m happy with my decision.

Nice selections, she's going to look like this and you'll never regret the desicion! The ivory indigo blows every other interior away imo!
20181230_174513~2.jpg

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got out of my 2017 Raptor for a Ram Limited. Interior and HK sound system won me over. I went in to buy my wife a new car, ended up with two.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
.......I ordered the: Level 1 (of course)..../QUOTE]

As for the color, you can NOT go wrong with the Max Steel color, when i owned my 2016 i swear the color never looked the same TWICE...and when the sun would hit it, (i said this in a previous post : ) i could only describe it as Liquid Molten Steel Blue Lava.. so thick and creamy, beautiful! Plus with those wheels it should look ESPECIALLY good....

When i had my Max Steel Ram, i not only loved the color so much, i liked the name so much, i had it painted on the truck .. i just posted a coupla pics of it in another thrad, but here it is again so ya don't have to hunt for it...lol

Max Steel Resized.jpg
Max Steel Resized.jpg

Last edited:

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was driving to the mall tonight and was thinking how great my limited is. 4700 miles and just fantastic. Love it. Always feels great to get in it.

You will love the truck. The 19 Raptor is great truck but the limited is on another level.

Also the early HK buyers were right to be disappointed because there was something wrong and it was fixed with an update so that’s why there were posts showing disappointment. After the update it’s incredibly nice sounding .

Users who are viewing this thread